This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!
(message deleted)

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
1 month ago#382
The vote is on right now if anyone is interested.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 month ago#383
OptimusRekt posted...
The vote is on right now if anyone is interested.

I haven't been paying attention to this much. Is the vote broadcasted?
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: Player_10

Player_10
1 month ago#384
I was about to post it 8 min. ago... watch it (Live) here.

https://youtu.be/8d_202l55LU
Would you like to hear a tale, of a little girl name Kale?
She always wondered, whatever happened to Her tail?! *o*

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
1 month ago#385
MUD VIPER posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
I started looking at your links, and right away, the number one talking point was about how awful it is for big bad government to have more power or authority.

That seems to be what a lot of the anti-net-neutrality arguments are, from what I've seen.
A blind hatred of government that cuts out any further look into the benefits of net neutrality. It's simply "I hate the government, so anything involving them is inherently bad"

It's such a narrow, blinkered way of thinking, not realising they're slitting their own throats on this one.

No more narrow or blinkered than being willfully ignorant to thinking the government will save you and has your best interest at heart. But to each their own I guess. What I find common among the pro net neutrality crowd is how quickly they are to pass of obvious facts, and recent examples, and just lump people into being anti government.

Stop with the bulls*** false equivalence. We already have other government regulated utilities for a reason. And anyone whose ever had to pay a cable bill can see how f***ed up companies can be with screwing you over with the regulations they have now, let alone what they'd do without the concept of net neutrality allowing them to put thier thumbs on the scale even more. No one is asking for state sanctioned, government supplied internet. No one is asking for an Senate Committee in charge of deciding what sites should be allowed to visit. Internet being a utility wouldn't need to be different than any other utility currently being provided. Acting like it's a question of personal/small business freedom is some hardcore corporate shilling.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

Player_10
1 month ago#386
WTH?! Something's happening..... Security, Everybody Leave!

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
1 month ago#387
Yeah what's going on?

"On advice of security, we need to take a brief recess."
Play games, not companies.

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 month ago#388
Sounds like someone is having an altercation with security off-camera...
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

Player_10
1 month ago#389
Liberals probably trying to attack again?! Commies! :p

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#390
GeminiX7 posted...
MUD VIPER posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
I started looking at your links, and right away, the number one talking point was about how awful it is for big bad government to have more power or authority.

That seems to be what a lot of the anti-net-neutrality arguments are, from what I've seen.
A blind hatred of government that cuts out any further look into the benefits of net neutrality. It's simply "I hate the government, so anything involving them is inherently bad"

It's such a narrow, blinkered way of thinking, not realising they're slitting their own throats on this one.

No more narrow or blinkered than being willfully ignorant to thinking the government will save you and has your best interest at heart. But to each their own I guess. What I find common among the pro net neutrality crowd is how quickly they are to pass of obvious facts, and recent examples, and just lump people into being anti government.

Stop with the bulls*** false equivalence. We already have other government regulated utilities for a reason. And anyone whose ever had to pay a cable bill can see how f***ed up companies can be with screwing you over with the regulations they have now, let alone what they'd do without the concept of net neutrality allowing them to put thier thumbs on the scale even more. No one is asking for state sanctioned, government supplied internet. No one is asking for an Senate Committee in charge of deciding what sites should be allowed to visit. Internet being a utility wouldn't need to be different than any other utility currently being provided. Acting like it's a question of personal/small business freedom is some hardcore corporate shilling.

Doesn't matter what you're asking for. If you're not paying attention instead of blindly bleating whatever you're told it'll be a matter of what you're given.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived