This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#41
They haven't been doing it while under Net Neutrality. They've been forced to improve their service. They've been forced to do what they should've been doing for years. Sometimes Government regulation has to happen. This is a situation where it needs to happen. ISPs do not, have not, will not give a crap about you. Without regulations they will 100 % be allowed to sue everyone they want and stifle competition everywhere they want.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#42
you're going to have to give concrete proof that they've been improving their services, because i've heard more about data caps and ridiculous cost/service rations than i ever have the last few years.

and you forget the government can still impose restrictions against monopolies and that ISPs "suing" people as you like to keep spamming will have to run through, guess who, the government. except with no incentive to keep the big ISPs in power, the government's court systems can actually focus on ruling as intended, unless you're implying criminal bribery which i'm not completely ruling out.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#43
JustAndrew88 posted...
They haven't been doing it while under Net Neutrality. They've been forced to improve their service. They've been forced to do what they should've been doing for years. Sometimes Government regulation has to happen. This is a situation where it needs to happen. ISPs do not, have not, will not give a crap about you. Without regulations they will 100 % be allowed to sue everyone they want and stifle competition everywhere they want.

Wonder if they will reintroduce net neutrality if it becomes awful. Anyways multiplayer gaming is going to take the s*** because of this. Oh and slow dial up internet at $100+ a month.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#44
You're just not getting it. The Government is not going to stop them from suing people because they've been paying them. Why do you think Net Neutrality came up in the first place? Because our country's internet has been a f***ing joke. Also did you not hear that Google stopped spreading out Google Fiber because ISPs kept on suing them and Google got tired of dealing with it? The company that's probably richer than every ISP combined couldn't handle all the litigation because of it. And did the Government stop them from doing it? Lol no.

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#45
captsplatter_1 posted...
Wonder if they will reintroduce net neutrality if it becomes awful. Anyways multiplayer gaming is going to take the s*** because of this. Oh and slow dial up internet at $100+ a month.

The only hope is to either make enough noise now that it gets shot down, or vote in people who support it in late 2018.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#46
JustAndrew88 posted...
You're just not getting it. The Government is not going to stop them from suing people because they've been paying them. Why do you think Net Neutrality came up in the first place? Because our country's internet has been a f***ing joke. Also did you not hear that Google stopped spreading out Google Fiber because ISPs kept on suing them and Google got tired of dealing with it? The company that's probably richer than every ISP combined couldn't handle all the litigation because of it. And did the Government stop them from doing it? Lol no.

Internet should probably be a utility.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#47
captsplatter_1 posted...
Internet should probably be a utility.

Given how much we rely on it today it probably should.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#48
JustAndrew88 posted...

Google stopped spreading fiber because they got in bed with SpaceX and will be ruling the sky with internet that will make every ground based ISP along with their own Google Fiber obsolete. You're right in that they saw the lawsuits weren't worth it, but it wasn't because being an ISP at all wasn't worth it. They've literally set their sights higher than that.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#49
Satellite internet is a joke. If you've seen how DirecTV works then you know how satellite internet will work. Get a rain storm and bam, there goes your service. Google isn't doing this for fiber level internet. They're simply trying to get basic internet access to the entire planet for free. Also never trust a company when the service is free. Because that means you're the product and everything you do is being collected and sold.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#50
Sorry, I didn't pay for the forum post package so I don't have the ban
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.