This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#51
dwidth to post a long reply.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#52
JustAndrew88 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Wonder if they will reintroduce net neutrality if it becomes awful. Anyways multiplayer gaming is going to take the s*** because of this. Oh and slow dial up internet at $100+ a month.

The only hope is to either make enough noise now that it gets shot down, or vote in people who support it in late 2018.

Petition, although that doesn't do s***. But I'll sign it, better than doing nothing.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#53
JustAndrew88 posted...
Satellite internet is a joke. If you've seen how DirecTV works then you know how satellite internet will work. Get a rain storm and bam, there goes your service. Google isn't doing this for fiber level internet. They're simply trying to get basic internet access to the entire planet for free. Also never trust a company when the service is free. Because that means you're the product and everything you do is being collected and sold.

So you don't know that google got in bed with spacex then. they're launching satellites to provide gigabit internet, and not for free. I feel like you're talking about Google and Elon Musk's individual plans to provide impoverished countries with free internet that was discussed years ago, not their current plan that already is in motion. also, having not had DTV in 3 years, the 3 years I did have it I had my internet go out multiple times per year, just as much if not more than DTV would go out (granted, my TV watching went down considerably during this time which is why I don't pay for TV anymore). I install underground utilities for a living, fiber isn't perfect.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#54
A physical fiber line is far more perfect than fiber being sent wirelessly. Wireless is not reliable compared to wired. And I can't see them delivering fiber internet to billions of people with some satellites. It's all talk. I'll believe that when I see it. I have fiber internet now and hell even standing next to the router I can barely get 60-70 Mbps. This is with 3 different routers. 1 being AT&T's, 2 being my own. But wired? I'm getting 850-950 Mbps.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#55
you have issues then. i dislike wireless generally but we pull 150 of our 175 with the modem downstairs
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#56
i'll believe it when i see it as well, and satellite internet hurts my industry, but it doesn't make me randomly angry at it

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#57
I'm not "randomly" angry. I simply know that any major company cannot be trusted to regulate themselves when they have no competition. If there were tons of smaller ISPs on the verge of competing with them that would be one thing. But there's not. And they will never be able to so long as ISPs are allowed to regulate themselves.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 weeks ago#58
Voidgolem posted...
The right wing screws everything up again?

Do not turn this into a partisan issue. That's what they want. They're appealing to the right by saying "Obama liked this. You don't wanna agree with Obama, do you?" when it's nothing to do with left or right and everything to do with not giving ISPs complete control over how you recieve the internet.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
3 weeks ago#59
Dragon Nexus posted...
Voidgolem posted...

Do not turn this into a partisan issue. That's what they want. They're appealing to the right by saying "Obama liked this. You don't wanna agree with Obama, do you?" when it's nothing to do with left or right and everything to do with not giving ISPs complete control over how you recieve the internet.

If it weren't a partisan issue then it wouldn't be entirely right wing nut jobs pushing for abolishment.

But here we are.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#60
Dragon Nexus posted...
Voidgolem posted...

perhaps not "right vs left" as those definitions are off the rails right now, but it is certainly Liberal vs Conservative. conservative people want less government control, which means hands off this kind of stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.