This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: fatboy44

fatboy44
3 weeks ago#61
I am obviously completely for net neutrality, and it makes me sick in my stomach to think about what the internet would be like if small content creators couldn't compete with big companies due to cost barriers of accessing these fast lanes.

In reality though I'm curious how things will actually play it out if NN is indeed repealed (which it looks like it probably will be this time). Will it really look like the horror story that's being depicted where everything is pay to access?

I ask because we've only had Net Neutrality in place since 2015 when it was passed under the Obama Administration. I've been using the Internet for years before NN was passed in 2015, and the landscape was never what's being predicted now. Not asking to troll as I'm 100% behind NN, but I'm just genuinely interested in if NN was repealed, why it would be different than pre-2015 internet before NN was passed?
Check out my music:
https://aevio.bandcamp.com/
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
3 weeks ago#62
Mostly because the reason NN laws went on the books was from Verizon starting to pull this s*** on Netflix, iirc.

Times do change, after all.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 weeks ago#63
What does this mean for us Canadians? Assuming we (or at least we French Canadians) don't follow.

This s*** always confuses me because its always a US point of view. I get that we might get limited or slowed down when it comes to US content access, but then if everyone outside of the US was for net neutrality, wouldn't the US be completely f***ed? Who would want to settle their servers in the US anymore?
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
3 weeks ago#64
jake-sf posted...
What does this mean for us Canadians? Assuming we (or at least we French Canadians) don't follow.

This s*** always confuses me because its always a US point of view. I get that we might get limited or slowed down when it comes to US content access, but then if everyone outside of the US was for net neutrality, wouldn't the US be completely f***ed? Who would want to settle their servers in the US anymore?

Your browsing won't be affected outside of the US unless your ISPs begin doing the same thing. However many sites across the world with large amounts of US visitors may soon find that those people can't visit anymore or just stop because the speed is too slow to deal with.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: ChrisStarlite

ChrisStarlite
3 weeks ago#65
BearShrooms posted...
Voidgolem posted...
The right wing screws everything up again?

Oh please. The democrats have been total s***bergs too.

Can you give me examples?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#66
ChrisStarlite posted...
BearShrooms posted...
Voidgolem posted...
The right wing screws everything up again?

Oh please. The democrats have been total s***bergs too.

Can you give me examples?

563 drone strikes
Massive increase of Americans in technical poverty, mostly minorities
National debt doubling (although for this, I'd argue the debt is imaginary at this point so why not keep spending)
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

ChrisStarlite
3 weeks ago#67
yohabroha posted...
563 drone strike

Trump has raisen the drone trikes even further.

yohabroha posted...

Blame that on the Republicans.

yohabroha posted...
National debt doubling (although for this, I'd argue the debt is imaginary at this point so why not keep spending)

You act as if this was started by Democrats. Stop watching Fox News.

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#68
ChrisStarlite posted...
yohabroha posted...
563 drone strike

Trump has raisen the drone trikes even further.
This isn't a competition of who did more, the fact that any president even came close to those drone strikes is ridiculous
yohabroha posted...

Blame that on the Republicans.
nope, i'll blame the democrats considering it was their policies that not only failed to stifle the growth of poverty, but continued to increase it. why can you immediately jump on trump for increasing drone strikes as a defense for O'bama but now increasing poverty isn't a defense for Bush?
yohabroha posted...

You act as if this was started by Democrats. Stop watching Fox News.
wait, flat out saying that the debt is imaginary, due to complete negligence of said debt before Obama got in office, is acting like it was started by Democrats? in what world is that even a true statement? Love the Fox News bit btw, voted for O'bama in 2008, have never voted for a Republican candidate for president.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
(edited 3 weeks ago)

ChrisStarlite
3 weeks ago#69
yohabroha posted...
This isn't a competition of who did more

It was started by a Republican and was raise even further by a Republican, why are you still blaming Democrats for that for?yohabroha posted...
ope, i'll blame the democrats

Well that's too bad, fact is fact the Republicans are to be blame for it.

yohabroha posted...
wait, flat out saying that the debt is imaginary, due to complete negligence of said debt before Obama got in office, is acting like it was started by Democrats? in what world is that even a true statement? Love the Fox News bit btw, voted for O'bama in 2008, have never voted for a Republican candidate for president.

Ah now I remember who you are, you're the one who shills and defends Trump while blaming everything on democrats, ok trumpanzee, you sure got me.

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#70
yeah those were some great remarks there pal. great thing i finally read the username of who i'm responding to.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.