This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!
Cool. Yet another website where the net neutrality story is plastered. The first five stories on the frontpage of reddit and all over every single aggregated news site is talking about it, but clearly we need even more of this f***ing story that's been going around for months now.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
2 weeks ago#92
MasteroftheArts posted...
Cool. Yet another website where the net neutrality story is plastered. The first five stories on the frontpage of reddit and all over every single aggregated news site is talking about it, but clearly we need even more of this f***ing story that's been going around for months now.

Yeah we do. It's a very important issue.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: AtmosOmega

AtmosOmega
2 weeks ago#93

Give it a month; the story will have changed one way or another...and probably for the worse, given the GOP's astonishingly awful track record.
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 weeks ago#94
JustAndrew88 posted...
Terantatek posted...
Uh.. no they havent.

They have in some ways. But nowhere near the level of Republicans over the last 20-25 years.

This is Soviet-style whataboutist bulls***. I don't even think you guys are doing this to defend the GOP, you're just doing this "both sides are just the same" bulls*** because it's an incredibly easy and lazy way to seem clever and informed when really you're basically just trolling and trying to change the subject.

Just because Democrats aren't 100% perfect on COMPLETELY UNRELATED ISSUES doesn't mean the GOP gets any kind of free pass for currently f***ing over everyone on the important issue that we're talking about in this topic.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
2 weeks ago#95
In what way have any of us given the GOP a free pass? We've said they're awful. And they are.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: kickthegnome

kickthegnome
2 weeks ago#96
Player_10 posted...
yohabroha posted...
Voidgolem posted...
The right wing screws everything up again?

Look, as it stands we're going to be the consumers that potentially get f***ed by NN going away, but here's the thing - the government shouldn't be controlling this s*** to begin with. Call me a free market shill, but the market will correct itself if companies are going to be s***bags immediately after gaining control

When a companies start charging outrageous prices, people will just go elsewhere.
They'll just be shooting their own self in the foot.

You act like everyone can go elsewhere. Some people live in rural areas where only 1 provider is around.

Others live in HOAs and are prevented from going anywhere because a contract that said HOA has with the ISP prevents anyone but that specific isp from providing service to anyone in the community.

How do i know this? I live in an hoa. I have summit broadband and they're literaly s*** (I've had speeds drop from 20/6 to 10/1 for 6 months. they've sent 6 techs and refuse to listen it's on there end. And if they're throttling they won't admit it.) I've called comcast to see if they can service the area (we had comcast BEFORE the HOA signed a contract with summit so I know they have the infrastructure set up) comcast specifically told us "we are unable to provide service to the area"

It's not like I can just up and buy a house and move. Or in the case of people in apartments it's not like they can just up and move or else they'll break their contract and pay out the ass. So yes us people in a homeowner association community are f***ED

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 weeks ago#97

Exactly, it doesn't affect me in the UK, but it's f***ing everywhere. See, a great thing about the UK is that there are loads of ISPs. No idea about rural areas, but if, when we leave the EU, they repeal the EU legislation about Net Neutrality, and my ISP pulls this, then I can move to one of the many others (that likely won't be doing this so they can get people to join them). Lol, even the Post Office offers an ISP service. Perks of a small landmass I guess.

I almost want it to go through just to see the chaos. That'd be entertaining.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 weeks ago#98
JustAndrew88 posted...
In what way have any of us given the GOP a free pass? We've said they're awful. And they are.

"The GOP is a pile of s*** and the Democrats are a pile of vomit who bomb children, hahahahaha. Never mind that the GOP is the party against Net Neutrality and the Dems aren't."
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
2 weeks ago#99
JustAndrew88 posted...

*the GOP does something astoundingly stupid and terrible for everybody*

"Yeah but the dems are bad too"
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: ChrisStarlite

ChrisStarlite
2 weeks ago#100
Voidgolem posted...
JustAndrew88 posted...

*the GOP does something astoundingly stupid and terrible for everybody*

"Yeah but the dems are bad too"

Yeah, I always laugh when they say this.

"Both sides, same thing!"
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.