This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With Net Neutrality being repealed what will become of PC gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With Net Neutrality being repealed what will become of PC gaming?

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
3 weeks ago#21
Basically:

https://i.imgur.com/RaipZpU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0vyZbnu.jpg
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away
(message deleted)

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 weeks ago#23
khunki posted...
Right now if you want Netflix, all you have to pay for is Netflix and the Internet. If Netflix was gated behind a TV package, you'd have to pay for three things: the net, the package and Netflix itself . Most people would reconsider and therefore Netflix would likely reduce their prices.

Yeah and what do you think will happen when Netflix's ability to stream to your home is throttled followed by a decrease in revenue not just from viewership but also from lowered subscription charges?

You think that has a consumer friendly ending?

Most likely we get lumbered with whatever streaming service each ISP provides. and when you have no alternative, the ISPs have no insentive to make their service worth a damn.
Which is already true for the internet service you get in America. Do you really want their god awful mini monopolies to stretch to every aspect of your browsing experience?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 weeks ago#24
JonnyBoyFF posted...
Good for you for asking. It's important to be informed on the issues.

No one publicly knows what will happen. The companies that it is benefiting are claiming that it will allow for more innovation, but what it's really doing is allowing more ways for them to make money. It will open the door for back-room deals that can allow for Internet "fast lanes" and "slow lanes." They will legally be able to slow your Internet to a crawl or completely block websites unless you pay extra for them.

Want to play games? Pay extra for the gamer package.
Want to use Netflix, Twitch, or Youtube? Pay extra for the streaming package.
Spotify or Pandora? Get the music package.
I'm sure they'll dress it up and make it seem like we're getting some amazing deal, but it's actually just another way to make money from the people.

This is what can happen with Net Neutrality repealed. It's also going to allow for the big ISP companies to essentially decide that certain businesses aren't eligible for a good connection. It can make it so that the only companies that can survive will be those that are large enough to pay for the proper amount of bandwidth. And those companies wont care because they can pass the expense to us, the consumers.

In an age where open access to the Internet is considered by some to be a basic human right, this is a very important issue.

all of this really. Honestly I say people just need to push back but when specific people are in place it seems worthless to do so but I still feel obligated to push back.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 weeks ago#25
I think all this forgets what hackers do for fun.
All they've done us made themselves gigantic targets for hackers
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With Net Neutrality being repealed what will become of PC gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived