This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
2 weeks ago#21
Why not Icewind dale 2?
Enhancements won't save this crappy game.

User Info: JowyBlight

JowyBlight
2 weeks ago#22
The original campaign for this game was so boring. The expansions were slightly better but if the first campaign is the first thing you see as a new player you're gonna think this game is s***.
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
2 weeks ago#23
Yeah, the first campaign is f***ing terrible. It was all about the player made modules. I hope they'll focus on that, but from what I've seen the multiplayer on BGEE 1 and 2 has a lot of issues.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 weeks ago#24
The original campaign was too dull for me to finish. It never got any better. It was clear that the game was a platform for the Aurora Toolset. I have tons of great memories on multiplayer. Specifically on one called "Escape from Undeath: Mistlocke" which was a noncanon setting on a cursed island that (over the course of many, many hours worth of playtime) would slowly turn your pc into undead unless you had a reliable source of Remove Curse potions/spells. Lots of fun permadeath rp/pvp and DM events.

One event that always stuck to me was a fighting tournament. An arena cleric healed up a contestant and he basically exploded into ashes from the positive magic because he was secretly a vampire. Players watching the tournament turned into an angry mob and rushed down to beat the s*** out of the cleric because everyone thought he murdered him, lol.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 weeks ago#25
XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
The guy who got me to buy the game was a friend of a high school friend. He ended up killing himself a few years later. Doubt it was related (he did become addicted to Final Fantasy XI though, which f***ed him hard), but man does this game bring back memories, despite how s*** it was.

Sorry about your friend.

It's been over a decade.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
2 weeks ago#26
nominturddaddy posted...
XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
The guy who got me to buy the game was a friend of a high school friend. He ended up killing himself a few years later. Doubt it was related (he did become addicted to Final Fantasy XI though, which f***ed him hard), but man does this game bring back memories, despite how s*** it was.

Sorry about your friend.

It's been over a decade.

Ah, glad that you were able to get over it. I don't know if I'll ever get over the death of one of my best friends.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
2 weeks ago#27
Ruppe21 posted...
Why not Icewind dale 2?

Poor Trashwind Dale fanboy, the game's code was lost because no one ever cared about Trashwind Dale.

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 weeks ago#28
I hope NWNEE has the same modding support as the current version of NWN. Last thing we need is yet ANOTHER enhanced port that breaks a ton of things that work fine in the original release (e.g. AoE2HD, Age of Mythology Extended Edition, Rise of Nations Extended Edition, and to a lesser extent BGEE and BG2EE).

Probably won't get it unless the updates to the engine actually make the EE worth using over the original, though, as it works fine on my PC, and most of the custom content is still available via the Neverwinter Vault. Steamworks Multiplayer that actually works, and Steam Workshop support, however, may sway me over if everything else is mostly intact, as a proper Workshop would make it WAY easier to browse custom content, and Steamworks Multiplayer that actually functions well actually allows my IRL friends to play with me with me hosting, thanks to Steamworks providing some kind of arcane network juju that makes hosting actually work instead of requiring Evolve or port forwarding.

EDIT: Incidentally, an Android version with full modding support would be very high on my wishlist too, given how it would allow one of my favorite games to be played on the go.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
2 weeks ago#29
XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

Sorry about your friend.

It's been over a decade.

Ah, glad that you were able to get over it. I don't know if I'll ever get over the death of one of my best friends.

Life is full of surprises.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
2 weeks ago#30
Darkanagar posted...
Ruppe21 posted...
Why not Icewind dale 2?

Poor Trashwind Dale fanboy, the game's code was lost because no one ever cared about Trashwind Dale.

People XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
XianMei posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

Sorry about your friend.

It's been over a decade.

A friend of a friend is not exactly a best friend.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived