This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#31
Ultimate_Noob posted...
One event that always stuck to me was a fighting tournament. An arena cleric healed up a contestant and he basically exploded into ashes from the positive magic because he was secretly a vampire. Players watching the tournament turned into an angry mob and rushed down to beat the s*** out of the cleric because everyone thought he murdered him, lol.

And that is a clear demonstration of why society is supposed to rely on a judicial branch that includes legal representation and a jury of peers. Otherwise you get vigilante justice from an irate and ignorant mob.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
3 weeks ago#32
There were people who role played things like judges on that server for crimes such as assassination, treason (like coordinating with druid/wildling and monster race players who want to f*** civilization up), and banditry. Like real life however, some people's passions get too impatient for red tape and technicalities.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 weeks ago#33
Pauken posted...
I hope NWNEE has the same modding support as the current version of NWN.

Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits.

Source: https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition

Also: I just noticed that they list Infinite Dungeons under the DLC section on Steam, IIRC that was discontinued for some reason back in the original days of the game and became impossible to find legally.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 weeks ago#34
nominturddaddy posted...
RP is stupid but seriously I kind of miss the days when people played the game for more than just getting the most power. It was more enjoyable to mess with people. Asheron's Call and Ultima Online PvP was anywhere anything for the most part. If you got in early on either of those MMOs to become a powerful character before the masses showed up (which I did in both cases), it was hysterical.

Which is what Government is doing to its people these days. The power differential is just too great, newcomers have no chance of catching up, there is no catchup mechanic or patch coming, it isn't in their best interest to help, and the temptation of trolling while getting wealthier instead of spending wealth to improve lives is just too great.

"There is no catch up mechanic" - Bulls***. There are career fields available where you can make $100k+ per year with an associates degree from a community college and a few years of experience, in some of the lowest cost of living areas in the country. Combine this with a study of investing and good investment practices and it's not nearly as difficult to become absurdly wealthy in your lifetime. Sure, you probably aren't going to be one of the oligarchy, but those empires were typically not built in one generation. Pass your wealth and knowledge onto your children and they can use the money you made to do even more.

You could do this straight out of high school by working factory jobs, or by earning a phd and getting a good income out of that. You just have to be competitive and work to be the best so that good places want to pay you well.

The options are there, but you have to have the self discipline to work, study (smartly), and not waste your money on frivolous s***.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#35
Darkanagar posted...
Ruppe21 posted...
Why not Icewind dale 2?
Enhancements won't save this crappy game.

Poor Trashwind Dale fanboy, the game's code was lost because no one ever cared about Trashwind Dale.

I appreciate you being so obvious.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: Lilura

Lilura
2 weeks ago#36
Pauken posted...
I hope NWNEE has the same modding support as the current version of NWN.

What do you mean by modding support?

Probably won't get it unless the updates to the engine actually make the EE worth using over the original, though, as it works fine on my PC, and most of the custom content is still available via the Neverwinter Vault.

There will be updates to the engine. You can read about them here:

http://lilura1.blogspot.com/2017/11/Beamdog-announces-Neverwinter-Nights-Enhanced-Edition.html

It's great that NWN runs fine for you but most people in the community that I know - including those who haven't stopped playing it since it came out - have had issues on various hardware and operating systems, some of which have no reliable solution. There have been reports already - again, by long-term members - that NWN:EE has resolved some of these issues.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 weeks ago#37
If it was just graphic and resolution updates , fine, but these jerks are known for inserting their politics into their updates and actually changing character behavior and storylines, so . . .

No thanks.

Plus - NWN 1 sucks
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
2 weeks ago#38
The Arelith server for NWN 1 is still very active. Good place to go and RP but yea, you need to understand RP servers are different. You can't just exploit the mechanics to become super powerful from the start, and you also can't be powerful just because you RP being powerful. It's an acquired taste and something you need to be in for the long haul instead of a quick burst of fun.

Still remember having to kill a new player while admin'ing a server because he looted all the player housing and was saying he didn't, all the while making reloading sounds and equipping random weapons and gear a fresh player shouldn't have lol. Having said that, I stopped being an admin because the rest of my team were exploiting their powers to benefit their friends groups and stop another player who was actually far too clever for them, using RP to basically take over the server like a villain... We're talking sleeper agents, secret languages and all sorts... But don't go into an RP community with the idea that 'the possibilities are endless!' They're not. The possibilities end when the main clique of the server might lose 'in-character power'.

On a side note, what was changed in the Baldurs Gate EE's? I only played the first one briefly.
PSN: PrincePAUL87 | http://www.backloggery.com/princepaul87
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/princepaul87

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 weeks ago#39
@Born_Lucky
If it was just graphic and resolution updates , fine, but these jerks are known for inserting their politics into their updates and actually changing character behavior and storylines

After the debacle with Baldur's Gate they didn't do anything radical with the re-release of Planescape: Torment, so maybe they've become impartial.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
2 weeks ago#40
NwN and not NwN2? Well obviously 2 is coming. I've been holding off on NwN2 for years because it's a buggy f***ing mess. I've had it and all expansions on GoG for years and have heard nothing but good things about Mask of the Betrayer.

One thing I don't like is 3E rules. They were f***ing garbage.
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition announced

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived