This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any black friday deals for a decent gaming PC around 300-400 bucks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any black friday deals for a decent gaming PC around 300-400 bucks?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
2 weeks ago#11
That's a problem many users have reported and have gotten solved by updating the BIOS, which you sadly don't have the option for

It seems like many users in your situation have had most luck with MSI cards that have a BIOS switch, or Sapphire which has dual BIOS.
This for example might be worht a shot. But it seems it's not supported on later than the 300 series.
http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_pd.asp?cataid=69&lang=eng
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
2 weeks ago#12
if you arent going to spend at 600 bucks you might as well a PS4 pro, you will not be happy with whatever crap you get for 400 dollars for a prebuilt, if you were building then that budget might work with deals

that is just one of the flaws of pc gaming (a high entry cost)

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#13
builder111 posted...
Sounds like a ps4 or xbox would be better

This.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#14
Cards_and_Hats posted...
if you arent going to spend at 600 bucks you might as well a PS4 pro, you will not be happy with whatever crap you get for 400 dollars for a prebuilt, if you were building then that budget might work with deals

I finally got past the high entry cost. Nearly 2 grand later. Lets hope the savings start trickling in. Hoping to last a gen before I have to upgrade anything. Although knowing how fast GPU's become dated.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 weeks ago#15
mucloud posted...
Buy the Ryzen 1700 or the 1700x and a AM4 board for $79 and RAM for $99. And a cheap case and your good.

Newegg has a promo for any mastercard any order over $200 and you get another $20 off.

I'm t should be around $450 and with the mail in rebates you will get another $50 or so.

Nah, if hes gonna get the 1700/X then he mights as well just get a Intel 8600K, much better CPU.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 weeks ago#16
captsplatter_1 posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...

I finally got past the high entry cost. Nearly 2 grand later. Lets hope the savings start trickling in. Hoping to last a gen before I have to upgrade anything. Although knowing how fast GPU's become dated.

How fast GPU's become dated? The RX 480 has been able and can still max games @ 1080p/60fps. and it has been out for years. If anything it's the opposite.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 weeks ago#17
iemerg_ posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...

How fast GPU's become dated? The RX 480 has been able and can still max games @ 1080p/60fps. and it has been out for years. If anything it's the opposite.

Obviously not being able to max every arbitrary slider on every game means a GPU is obsolete. *sarcasm*
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Metalfan49

Metalfan49
2 weeks ago#18
Budget $200 for a gtx1060 class GPU and $200 for an offlease workstation to throw it in
Love,
metalfan49

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 weeks ago#19
Walmart had an HP i5-7400 / GTX 1060 for 500. Prob gone by now. Oh well.

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
2 weeks ago#20
how much stronger is a 1050ti card compared to my current one, a radeon 6570hd card? I looked it up on gpu benchmark but I still have no idea how much stronger it is. a 1050ti is only 130 bucks according to that site which is a good budget price for me.

Could a 1050ti max witcher 2 or even witcher 3?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any black friday deals for a decent gaming PC around 300-400 bucks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived