This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 weeks ago#21
You Americans are the most ironically intelligent and stupid people on the planet.

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
3 weeks ago#22
wantfastcars posted...
Oh. Right. You're either thirteen, trolling, or your head is so far up your own ass that you're like some sort of reverse Ouroboros.

Reverse Ouroboros. I love it.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
3 weeks ago#23
Wallow and writhe in vain, Americans. You are living in the age of decadence.

https://youtu.be/5fbvquHSPJU?list=PL8qWKxP-5sNSUO6SvdAdhWPzbOWYFOAFu&t=525

An age where 1% of the population holds thousand of times more wealth than the rest combined, and they don't even really earn it.

An age where it's OK for corporations to raise prices to hell and back, and blame everyone for not working hard enough(as in, working three jobs just to afford basic human needs while your wife and kids get ignored and your health rapidly declines).

An age where people's collective political power gets divided through manufactured third-wave feminism that creates baseless and nonsensical fracture between men and women, allowing the government to keep its corrupt system.
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#24
You Americans will fight in other countries for what you want to take, yet you won't fight in your own country for what you want to keep.

Fascinating.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 weeks ago#25
If you voted for Trump, you don't get to b**** about losing net neutrality.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
3 weeks ago#26
I cant really express how disappointed i am in the current state of affairs the world is in.

In what country does every citizen that doesnt have a private interest in this, say they dont want it, and it somehow just keeps getting pushed along.

Its complete bulls***, and is pathetic, that the public voices their opinion, says we dont want this, and they just f***ing do it anyways. Im really over all this s***. This is how the world is nowadays--especially America--and its not a world i want to live in, nor does anyone want to live in a world like this, but apparently we dont know whats good for us.

Elections are not won by minorities, so the fact that any of this actually will happen just goes to show how f***ed the system is. There is like a couple major corporations that actually want this, and then the rest of the united states that doesnt.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
3 weeks ago#27
wantfastcars posted...

Oh. Right. You're either thirteen, trolling, or your head is so far up your own ass that you're like some sort of reverse Ouroboros.

All of the above in addition to attention whore. 6 topics on the front page are his.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: khunki

khunki
3 weeks ago#28
Some mass hysteria happening here.

"half of the internet’s traffic comes from just 30 outfits, including Google, Facebook, and Netflix."

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/net_neutrality_missing/

Basically, if you only use Google for your web searches, you've already contributed to the problem of monopolies. So if under Net Neutrality, some websites are already running the show; maybe if there was no Net Neutrality, it would cause web companies to split up the traffic among a variety of different ISPs and force people to split up their traffic among different websites.

If not, what's the difference between having the government control the Internet as a utility and having ISP companies control the access. Either way, people pay or vote for what they want.
X

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
3 weeks ago#29
lightningbugx posted...

This is so childish it barely merits a response. While I didn't vote for ol Donny T, you can choose to vote for a candidate because you agree with them more than the other option. And no, writing in X candidate of your choice isn't really meaningful when you're talking about a national election.
6600k @4.6GHz | GTX 1080 SLI | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB SSD | 4TB HDD

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 weeks ago#30
lightningbugx posted...

Keep your personal politics out of this discussion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived