This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 weeks ago#31
BrokenMachine85 posted...
You Americans will fight in other countries for what you want to take, yet you won't fight in your own country for what you want to keep.

Fascinating.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. We are not our government. Democracy doesnt really exist in America. America is an Oligarchy. Most Americans oppose most of what our government has been doing, almost no one wants what you are claiming to be happening. We have no control to stop it short of revolution. Wherever you live is almost certainly just as corrupt.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 weeks ago#32
BaldursGate posted...
lightningbugx posted...
If you voted for Trump, you don't get to b**** about losing net neutrality.

Keep your personal politics out of this discussion.

He’s not really wrong.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
2 weeks ago#33
BaldursGate posted...
lightningbugx posted...

Keep your personal politics out of this discussion.

This whole discussion is politics.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 weeks ago#34
DiehardFFv2 posted...
lightningbugx posted...

This is so childish it barely merits a response. While I didn't vote for ol Donny T, you can choose to vote for a candidate because you agree with them more than the other option. And no, writing in X candidate of your choice isn't really meaningful when you're talking about a national election.

Reminds me of a quote from Altered Carbon. “There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic.”

But seriously, anyone who looked at Trump's qualifications and rhetoric thought it'd be a good idea to vote for him over literally anyone including not voting at all needs to sit down and take a good hard look at their life choices. And the ones who did it as a protest vote... they just need to get the hell off my planet.

And no, I don't particularly care for any of the godawful choices that voter apathy ended up allowing to be fielded this time. Trump just happened to be the most spectacularly unsuited to the job. Moreso even than Vermin Supreme. Hell. Moreso than Vermin Supreme's boot.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 weeks ago#35
BearShrooms posted...
You Americans will fight in other countries for what you want to take, yet you won't fight in your own country for what you want to keep.

Fascinating.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. We are not our government. Democracy doesnt really exist in America. America is an Oligarchy. Most Americans oppose most of what our government has been doing, almost no one wants what you are claiming to be happening. We have no control to stop it short of revolution. Wherever you live is almost certainly just as corrupt.

Sure you do, you're not powerless otherwise that would be a tyranny.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 weeks ago#36
BearShrooms posted...

Fascinating.

So your argument is that "we do have power otherwise that would be tyranny"?

Yes, we have rampant tyranny here.

The only way for a person to gain political power in America is through support of the oligarchy. Being a corrupt bought-and-paid-for corporate plant is the only way you will ever sniff sitting in any office of power. Sure, we can vote out others, every few years. But, the seats that get opened up will just be replaced with someone just as corrupt.

User Info: HBOSS

HBOSS
2 weeks ago#37
https://youtu.be/gpvcc9C8SbM
You don't stop playing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop playing

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 weeks ago#38

It’s starting to feel more like a tyranny every day. $680 a month for health insurance, abolishing the open internet, and yesterday I really did wait in line for bread....
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim
(message deleted)

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 weeks ago#40
ClunkerSlim posted...

It’s starting to feel more like a tyranny every day. $680 a month for health insurance, abolishing the open internet, and yesterday I really did wait in line for bread....

It sounds like there needs to be serious change for you there :( /feels
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived