This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 weeks ago#51
Gaawa_chan posted...
Not surprised. Just frustrated. People get sick of having to fight the same battle against their own bought-out representatives over and over again. This is all the Nixon administration's fault; they managed to get rid of key laws and regulations that sent the US government into a spiral of corruption. His SC appointments were particularly damaging. :-/

Uhh, Kennedy himself was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "every seat of office up to the seat of the president was corrupt". That was before Nixon. This country has been corrupt since the beginning. People are corrupt, corrupt people do corrupt things to get in power, good people wont do corrupt things to get in power, therefore good people will never or rarely get in power.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#52
BearShrooms posted...
Gaawa_chan posted...
Not surprised. Just frustrated. People get sick of having to fight the same battle against their own bought-out representatives over and over again. This is all the Nixon administration's fault; they managed to get rid of key laws and regulations that sent the US government into a spiral of corruption. His SC appointments were particularly damaging. :-/

Uhh, Kennedy himself was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "every seat of office up to the seat of the president was corrupt". That was before Nixon. This country has been corrupt since the beginning. People are corrupt, corrupt people do corrupt things to get in power, good people wont do corrupt things to get in power, therefore good people will never or rarely get in power.

It wasn't a broad statement on corruption but Eisenhower's end of term speech even predates Kennedy and he was calling for the American public to watch out for the corruption of the military and associates industries.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
(message deleted)

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
3 weeks ago#54
How the f*** are you on the internet AND still don't have any idea what the f*** net neutrality is, and why it's important we keep it?

I don't understand how people can be legitimately ignorant these days. You carry all the world's knowledge in your pocket, but remain stupid.

The f***? There's no excuse these days, every sane person should be both informed and consistently on the right side of every issue.

Lately, I'm genuinely starting to believe this species is too f***ing dumb to live, and that death via a nuclear holocaust sparked by two certifiable morons escalating a Twitter war to that end, would be the most fitting outcome.

User Info: crimsiden

crimsiden
3 weeks ago#55
Ana_Nuann posted...
How the f*** are you on the internet AND still don't have any idea what the f*** net neutrality is, and why it's important we keep it?

I don't understand how people can be legitimately ignorant these days. You carry all the world's knowledge in your pocket, but remain stupid.

The f***? There's no excuse these days, every sane person should be both informed and consistently on the right side of every issue.

Lately, I'm genuinely starting to believe this species is too f***ing dumb to live, and that death via a nuclear holocaust sparked by two certifiable morons escalating a Twitter war to that end, would be the most fitting outcome.

lmao

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 weeks ago#56
"Chosen by the people to act for the people."

Biggest lie ever.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: crimsiden

crimsiden
3 weeks ago#57
This was bound to happen . The only thing that stopped Net neutrality from being gutted the first time was Obama, soon as they got a republican puppet into office the way was clear.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 weeks ago#58
Boge posted...
"Chosen by the people to act for the people."

Biggest lie ever.

Corporations are people now...
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
3 weeks ago#59
No one's surprised by it, just very heavily depressed at the thought of a government that so blatantly flaunts its preference for big corporations at the expense of the every man.
i dont like signatures

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
3 weeks ago#60
Orestes417 posted...
BaldursGate posted...
It's not about attacking people who voted for the opposite party, it's about Net neutrality lol.

Pointing out that one directly contributing to the current situation has no right to complain about it is not "attacking". If you want to see what attacking actually looks like I'm both bored and not averse to decimating some Eloi. And yes, voting for Trump did directly contribute to this s***. It was one of his campaign points.

I'm not even American, I just find it funny that it always has to be an attack on voters of the opposite, whether you're left or right.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't know why people are surprised we're losing the Net Neutrality battle.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived