This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How significant is the difference between the GTX 1070 and 1080?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How significant is the difference between the GTX 1070 and 1080?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 weeks ago#21
When it comes to graphics cards, I generally prefer going for the cheaper ones and upgrade more often.
Graphics cards improve at a quick rate, if the 1070 shows its age three years from now, chances are you can replace it with the xx50 equivalent and get better performance.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 weeks ago#22
godplaysSNES posted...
When it comes to graphics cards, I generally prefer going for the cheaper ones and upgrade more often.
Graphics cards improve at a quick rate, if the 1070 shows its age three years from now, chances are you can replace it with the xx50 equivalent and get better performance.

this id rather get newer less powerful cards then get the most powerful and be stuck with it for longer. espically when your paying like double the price for a newer card for like a 20% performance increase.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#23
helldew posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

this id rather get newer less powerful cards then get the most powerful and be stuck with it for longer. espically when your paying like double the price for a newer card for like a 20% performance increase.

Only reason I got the 1080 card is because 1070s were above the MSRP.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#24
Voxwik posted...
It takes more than just playing at a higher resolution to bump the required specs up that much, but yeah I know it was exaggerated at first. They absolutely said not even the 1080 Ti can handle all the settings turned up at 4k though.

Basically if the GTX 970 can handle the games in the next year at 60fps no problem at 1080p it would be illogical for me to upgrade. I'm just searching for an excuse I'm sure.

If you have a 970 then no don't upgrade yet and wait next year when the 1070 or 1080 will drop on black friday or Cyber monday.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How significant is the difference between the GTX 1070 and 1080?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived