This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 GOTY

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 GOTY

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 weeks ago#11
Massaca posted...
Who did you choose to play as?

Salvador
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 weeks ago#12
Born Lucky posted...
Massaca posted...
Who did you choose to play as?

Salvador

good choice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
2 weeks ago#13
I never as or with him but his audio logs were great.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 weeks ago#14
Borderlands 2 is... Well, it's worth it. Even at $20 I'd say that the "Game of the Year" version is "worth it."

Borderlands 2 is fun, it's funny, and it occasionally touches on some serious subjects. It has some over the top fights, or as over the top as you can get in a standard FPS/RPG environment at least, and it can provide you with some truly fun and interesting loot.

On the other hand, and speaking in personal terms...

Borderlands 2 is a disappointment after Borderlands. They made a bunch of improvements to the game, but along the way they lost much of the feel that Borderlands gave me. They fixed a lot of stuff that wasn't broken, fixed a few things that were broken, and implemented some "fixes" that just made problems worse or created worse problems instead.

I don't say that to try to give a bad opinion of the game. In fact trying to do so would be somewhat hypocritic since I've got over 60 hours of actual play time in the game. In fact Steam says I've got 151 hours in Borderlands 2 but only 149 in Borderlands, but I'm pretty sure that I've got more AFK time in Borderlands 2 than Borderlands thanks to issues with inventory sizes, drop rates, and how much easier it is to let Borderlands 2 run in the background after taking the time to CheatEngine it up than to shut it off and re-cheat every time I want to play.

My point is more that even though I don't like the game nearly as much as the first one and have some serious issues with thematic and game design elements with the game, I still feel that the game is "worth it" at the current Steam price or even a half-off $20.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

Bleu_Skie
2 weeks ago#15
Massaca posted...

He is a one man wrecking crew. Even solo, he felt OP. I used him on my second playthrough and was impressed.
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
2 weeks ago#16
That's a great price solo but playing it alone is only part of the fun.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 weeks ago#17
Isn't Borderlands 2 still one of the most played games on Steam even outside of sale weeks?

Game is incredibly good, and absolutely worth the cost, heck I would still say it's worth $30-40 even now. Me and my friends still go back and replay through it every year or two. We just finished Pre-sequel and are about to go back to 2 in fact
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
2 weeks ago#18
Bleu_Skie posted...
Massaca posted...

He is a one man wrecking crew. Even solo, he felt OP. I used him on my second playthrough and was impressed.

Yeah, I've heard of some crazy builds with him. Especially with the damage swap thing.

On the 360 I played Maya (mainly with SMGs) with my brother playing Zer0, it was tough at times but then on PC I switched to Anarchy Gaige and man I just love her so much mainly using the Torgue Ravager (quad shotty). And much later on when I got into the LBT tree (based around Shock damage) with the Twister and Chain Lightning, good god.
With the community patch the Lucrative Opportunity relic was changed to boost speed by 30-49% which was such a welcome change for my Gaige with Blood Soaked Shields (full shield recovery kill skill) and Unstoppable Force which boosts speed by 70% on kill. So good for my shotties.

Not sure how she'd go in UVHM at 72 though, I must admit I botched up a kinda cheap Pearlescent class mod to screw around with boosting some specific skills (basically a combo Anarchy/Catalyst mod). Was a bit too OP with just electric and fire damage over time killing or severely hurting enemies from a single Chain Lightning nade. Lucky that I actually got the drop from a tubby though. Gotta nerf it.
Edit: talking about it is making me want to play again. So much fun.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 weeks ago#19
I tried playing Borderlands 2 again recently and I think I've played way too much Overwatch because hoo boy was the gunplay boring in BL2.

I forgot you only had one ability and that its cooldown was frustratingly long, so your only move is to just shoot all the time. After that all the characters just feel basically the same, just depends on which gun you have.

I quickly uninstalled it. I've been spoiled, I think. Can't play it any more.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

Bleu_Skie
2 weeks ago#20
Massaca posted...
Bleu_Skie posted...
Massaca posted...

Yeah, I've heard of some crazy builds with him. Especially with the damage swap thing.

On the 360 I played Maya (mainly with SMGs) with my brother playing Zer0, it was tough at times but then on PC I switched to Anarchy Gaige and man I just love her so much mainly using the Torgue Ravager (quad shotty). And much later on when I got into the LBT tree (based around Shock damage) with the Twister and Chain Lightning, good god.
With the community patch the Lucrative Opportunity relic was changed to boost speed by 30-49% which was such a welcome change for my Gaige with Blood Soaked Shields (full shield recovery kill skill) and Unstoppable Force which boosts speed by 70% on kill. So good for my shotties.

Not sure how she'd go in UVHM at 72 though, I must admit I botched up a kinda cheap Pearlescent class mod to screw around with boosting some specific skills (basically a combo Anarchy/Catalyst mod). Was a bit too OP with just electric and fire damage over time killing or severely hurting enemies from a single Chain Lightning nade. Lucky that I actually got the drop from a tubby though. Gotta nerf it.
Edit: talking about it is making me want to play again. So much fun.

I played through it twice on ps3, first time with maya as well tbh. I only had the base edition, so still haven't got to any of the DLC stuff. I did start up a new playthrough on PC with Gaige fairly recently (first time I've used her). I saw people playing Destiny 2 and that gave me the urge to go back in lol... I do need to check out that community patch. This is the first time I've heard of it.

I agree tho. The game is really fun and the best at what it does :)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 GOTY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived