This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sairento VR, Eternity Warriors VR & ZomDay bundle on sale on Steam.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sairento VR, Eternity Warriors VR & ZomDay bundle on sale on Steam.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 weeks ago#1
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5418/TRIPLE_KILL_VR_Bundle/

The bundle itself is kinda new as best I can tell and further discounted during the Autumn sale.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 weeks ago#2
Saw that, hadn't noticed it before. The ones I've played are good, but still in the "They're early access and could use some time in the oven" range.

-Sairento is excellent in it's movement and weapon handling--seriously top notch stuff. But falls a little short with a kinda limited weapon range for how many categories it has, and majority of the loot ends up being percentage based damage modifiers. There are some really cool, unique power ups, but they're way rarer. The levels are also on the smaller side, IMO, and it bares repetition a lot.

-Eternity Warriors *looks* beautiful in VR and the design is solid. But it suffers a bit of a balance issue, at least in co-op (which accounts for most my time played). The enemies are just a bit TOO tanky at times, and the result is the weapons just feel very weak.

The sword feels almost useless (in co-op), with so many things that fly or shoot projectiles at you. So you're left with a bow, pistols, and a shotgun; They're OK, but the game sends *so* much s*** at you that more often than not you end up taking tons of damage and dying repeatedly when surrounded on all sides. The difficulty ramp up in Co-op is still unbalanced, IMO.

Have not played ZomDay but that is up there on the list of generic as hell sounding names....
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 weeks ago#3
cody4783 posted...
Have not played ZomDay

If Eternity Warriors could be likened to a 90's era light gun game, ZomDay definitely feels like a modern tablet app of a game. It is not bad per se, it just feels like a minimum effort product for the sake of just having a product. (the devs are Chinese app developers as i understand)

Certainly the weakest link in the bundle from what little I have played.

Sairento, on the other hand, is the stand out game. What it lacks in depth and complexity (you are ultimately running a handful of missions in a handful of areas for weapon mods) it makes up for with visceral fun.

Nailing a headshot with a bow mid backflip or slicing the head off a Kunoichi while she is upside down in a jump never gets old for me.

And jumping past a Geisha while she is floating in the air and inverting your sword to strike her in the back as you fly past her like something out of an old samurai film is always fun.

Plus, if you miss you can just say 'f*** it' and whip out a shotgun.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sairento VR, Eternity Warriors VR & ZomDay bundle on sale on Steam.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived