This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

people using steam controllers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. people using steam controllers

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 weeks ago#11
Love mine. Use it exclusively. Sucks that valve abandoned it.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#12
SinisterSlay posted...

They still support it with updates and such, so not true abandonment, just no new iterations of the controller.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
2 weeks ago#13
I'm just using my brother's PS4 controller, for now. I'm going to buy one for myself soon though.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 weeks ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

They still support it with updates and such, so not true abandonment, just no new iterations of the controller.

Yeah they've been removing features. I've got profiles with features that can't be enabled anymore. Like the ability to assign gamepad controls to the desktop profile. Super helpful for games with launchers that have configs.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#15
SinisterSlay posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Yeah they've been removing features. I've got profiles with features that can't be enabled anymore. Like the ability to assign gamepad controls to the desktop profile. Super helpful for games with launchers that have configs.

That I did not know. Thought they were just not making new itterations of the controllers, not removing features.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Jonexe

Jonexe
2 weeks ago#16
I love mine, but it takes time and effort to get used to. It is not a plug and play device. It feels different from a regular controller and should probably be treated as such.

If you want something that you can use to play Civs on the couch, then swap over to Dark Souls, then you die too many times and want to play some Rocket League... this is the controller for you.

If you want it to be a regular controller, then just use a controller of your choice. If you want perfect keyboard and mouse emulation... then use an keyboard and mouse. If you want something that can do all of it decently well, then the Steam Controller is for you.
"My life is a chip in your pile... ante up!"

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
2 weeks ago#17
PS4 controller works surprisingly well for Civ 4 too though. I have a great config on my profile

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#18
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
PS4 controller works surprisingly well for Civ 4 too though. I have a great config on my profile

I finally have a proper KB/M set up, but that's good to know if I feel like playing in front of my TV.

User Info: shileka

shileka
2 weeks ago#19
welp imma stick with M+KB then, the only draw steam controllers had was customize-able keybindings and the trackpad seemingly having more accurate aim than an analog stick but if they're removing features then i'll stick to consoles for my shooters
Lillie is best waifu
3DS FC 2767-2339-4314 machoke-pancham-hariyama IGN Rebecca

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
2 weeks ago#20
Bought 2, gave one to a friend for christmas. Kept the other one, but should've gifted it as well.

It was a good idea to get one at the time, but then my game choices shifted away from controller play. Never got used to the controller because I never use it, and the times that call for a controller are short lived, so I just default to my old 360 controller to do what I need and get back to the KB+M.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. people using steam controllers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived