This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just experienced my first steam sale.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just experienced my first steam sale.

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
3 weeks ago#1
What a rollercoaster lol. I bought 35 games for $196. I'm set for a LOOONG time, but I'm still eyeballing. I had $200 in gamestop trade in credit so this was the perfect time. I haven't had a backlog since 2012.

User Info: TimeCapsule

TimeCapsule
3 weeks ago#2
What big name games did you buy?

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 weeks ago#3
Just keep it in check. Super easy to buy more than you will ever play. There are several sales every year so don't feel the need to buy everything that looks good to you all at once.

I've gotten to the point now that I just buy games I want to play here and now. I still buy plenty but I don't buy too many games I think look alright but have no intention of playing anytime soon anymore.

The sales of old were much more impressive by the way. I remember getting like ALL of rockstars games for under 50 dollars, or big bundles like the Quakecon one that had like all their games for quite cheap as well. Seems like publisher bundles are from a bygone era now... at least the big publishers.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#4
Let us know in a year or two how many you've actually played more than an hour or two of, let alone completed.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync (1ms G2G)
Switch

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 weeks ago#5
DV8ingSources posted...
There are several sales every year so don't feel the need to buy everything that looks good to you all at once.

Right. More often than not, you'll find yourself seeing a game you've been wanting and it's cheap. You'll think,"Man! I better get it while it's so cheap so when I actually want to play it, I'll have it!" Problem is, like you said, you bought 35 games. Which ones of those are going to sit there not being played and will end up on an even cheaper sale come Christmas, or next Spring? That's when you'll start thinking,"Gosh. I should have waited to buy this. I could have saved even more money and I haven't even downloaded it since I bought it!!"

Soon you'll have a backlog of hundreds of games if not more and you'll be forced to vote on 0-10% on the Gamefaqs poll of what percentage of games you own that you've actually beaten.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
3 weeks ago#6
Nice! What games did you buy TC?
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#7
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Let us know in a year or two how many you've actually played more than an hour or two of, let alone completed.

Ya I don't do that, only a game or two that I know I will play. Besides the sales seem to come back later eventually.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
3 weeks ago#8
I already have Payne 3, Dishonored, Brutal Legend, FEAR, Chaos Theory

I bought:
Arma 3
AC: Blag Flag
Bayonetta
Binary Domain
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex
Deus Ex HR DC
Doom 2016
Skyrim
FEAR 2
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Far Cry 3
GTA SA
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Lost Coast
Hitman Absolution
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Pyre
System Shock 2
Thief 2
SC Conviction
SC Blacklist
Total War Shogun 2
Under Tale
Vanquish
Witcher
Witcher 2
Witcher 3 GOTY

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
3 weeks ago#9
That is a nice list :)

You’re all set for next year definitely!
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 weeks ago#10
Yeah that is a really nice haul. If you never played it, The Witcher 3 and its DLC's are easily 150 hours of game time if you don't rush things.

Enjoy that haul! Also be happy that those games are now yours on pc forever... or until hell freezes over and steam is shut down. I've upgraded my pc several times and switched over to friends PC's. All your games are always there available for download and playing. It's really nice.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just experienced my first steam sale.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived