This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just experienced my first steam sale.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just experienced my first steam sale.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 weeks ago#31
TC just dont end up like those dudes who are all "hey look at my collection of 900 games but I have played 18 of them for an hour, 800 hours of PUBG btw"

it seems tempting but games go on sale on steam all the time and I mean ALL THE TIME, do not buy anything just because it is 2 dollars but buy them because you want to play them

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#32
Hey man, 2$ is a good deal, and you might want to explore sometime down the line.

Like seriously, 1-2$ for a game you might only play years later is still better than like, any kind of snack yall are likely to buy.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
3 weeks ago#33
Should have just bought 1 or 2 games you want to play right now and then wait for the winter sale for the rest. Usually its the winter and summer sales that are the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyXIXyAZq0
Please consider adopting a cat from your SPCA or local animal shelter.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 weeks ago#34
Guide posted...
Hey man, 2$ is a good deal, and you might want to explore sometime down the line.

Like seriously, 1-2$ for a game you might only play years later is still better than like, any kind of snack yall are likely to buy.

yeah but when you buy 20 of those $2 games, then those snacks suddenly become the grocery bill for a week

it seems harmless but some people will literally never touch these games they bought and it becomes the same as taking cash out of your wallet and burning it, it is a phenomenon that happens way too often on steam

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
3 weeks ago#35
Don't listen to them. You need more games!!! It's never enough!!!
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
3 weeks ago#36
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Let us know in a year or two how many you've actually played more than an hour or two of, let alone completed.

True, but it's *brilliant* having literally hundreds of games that you intend to play, as you're never stuck for something to kill time.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#37
loki00_00 posted...
It's never enough!!!

For the compulsive people, this is true.

If you can separate yourself from the irrational desires, you can satisfy yourself with what you have until you're actually done and need more. The problem is that "The Man" isn't going to let you do that, and will try to prey on your irrational desires, because his irrational desire tells him that the billions of dollars he rakes in "is never enough".

Let's all chase our tails like dogs for the rest of our lives.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#38
ApexMjolnir posted...
Sad to say, a few of those games cannot be played on Windows above 7. There are things you can do to play them, but the amount of work you will need to put in, is typically not worth the effort.

I have most of those games and they work fine on 10.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#39
arleas posted...
loki00_00 posted...
It's never enough!!!

For the compulsive people, this is true.

If you can separate yourself from the irrational desires, you can satisfy yourself with what you have until you're actually done and need more. The problem is that "The Man" isn't going to let you do that, and will try to prey on your irrational desires, because his irrational desire tells him that the billions of dollars he rakes in "is never enough".

Let's all chase our tails like dogs for the rest of our lives.

'If only I had that phone/car/game/electronic doodad I would be sooo happy' Then people obtain the thing and realize it doesn't really change anything. Same reason so many celebrities/rich etc. get deep into drugs/drinking etc. because they can have any material item they want yet they still have an unfilled void (of course many also give back, getting involved with charities etc.)
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
3 weeks ago#40
JKatarn posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
Sad to say, a few of those games cannot be played on Windows above 7. There are things you can do to play them, but the amount of work you will need to put in, is typically not worth the effort.

I have most of those games and they work fine on 10.

I've had issues with Max Payne (No sound), Conviction (Not optimized for W10), and FEAR (Crappyly optimized, constant freezing, shame too as it's an awesome game), GTA SA (Need at least DirectX version 9...what??)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just experienced my first steam sale.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived