This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disabled overclock on my 980 now my monitor is stuck in Power Saving Mode.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Disabled overclock on my 980 now my monitor is stuck in Power Saving Mode.

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#1
I have the Dell 27 inch Gsync. Played fine last night, everything was cool, this morning i disabled the overclock and the screen went black and into power saving. I cant get it out of powersaving mode now.

Tried resetting computer, monitor, unplugging wires, all that.

Any suggestions?
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*
PS: FTN!

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#2
bump?
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#3
Ive tried everything, Dell is saying just go back to Best Buy and grab another one. Any ideas?

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#4
I noticed when i switch to my second monitor, it gives me the info of the Dell and it says the refresh rate is at 146hz instead of 144. Could this be issue, if so how do i stop it from getting that high?

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#5
Literally all i did was disable the overclock on the EVGA Precision X and the monitor stopped working. How is this even possible?

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#6
Now when i have both the Hdmi and DP hooked it, it acts as 2 monitors but i cant disable it so i can do the settings on the DP side.

When im on the DP side, it just shows half my desktop, as in i cant open or see the taskbar as if there is 2 monitors plugged in. I know someone can help.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 weeks ago#7
Sounds like your GPU is messed up.....why did you OC it ?
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
2 weeks ago#8
Lol.

mucloud posted...
....why did you OC it ?

If I wasn't familiar with your posts I would ask what the f*** kind of PC gamer asks this but.. I am, so I know that's a stupid question.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 weeks ago#9
Highly doubt an OC screwed anything up. More than likely theres some instabilities with whatever settings you have. Try resetting the CMOS battery on the motherboard should sort it out.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
2 weeks ago#10
@Whitemike20052
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
I normally don't get erectile dysfunction. But when i do, it isn't so hard. This is Low /(_) Tier (/_\)God <(_)>
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Disabled overclock on my 980 now my monitor is stuck in Power Saving Mode.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived