This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's keeping me from streaming high quality video?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's keeping me from streaming high quality video?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
3 weeks ago#1
I only have this crappy laptop I got as a gift 6 years ago. Whenever I try to stream any video above 480p 30fps the playback is slow and stuttery. Our new Smart TV can stream 1080p 60fps Youtube videos with no problem, so I know our Wifi isn't the problem. My laptop has:

- AMD E-300 with Radeon HD Graphics (2 Cores/2 Threads with 1.3 GHz base, 1.7 GHz Turbo)
- 3GB DDR3 Ram
- 300GB 5400RPM 2.5" HDD

Which of these is the limiting factor for watch HD Youtube videos and Twitch streams?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
3 weeks ago#2
You did say it's a crappy laptop from 6 years ago yourself, and that didn't give you enough of a hint?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 weeks ago#3
CursedPanther posted...
You did say it's a crappy laptop from 6 years ago yourself, and that didn't give you enough of a hint?

Well, yes, but I want to know which specific piece of crap in holding me back and if I can fix it. I can upgrade the Ram or HDD, but I can't do anything about the CPU or GPU.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 weeks ago#4
yeah, if you're serious about being a cam girl

you gotta invest
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 weeks ago#5
Cpu and gpu
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
2 weeks ago#6
The laptops wifi could be a problem. (Some older laptops could have rather slow Wi-Fi.) If you have a lan port on that laptop then try streaming through that and see if that will make a difference. If it does you could then try a usb Wi-Fi device to connect rather then your internal Wi-Fi. (Turn off the wifi on the laptop to make sure your really streaming through the lan.)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's keeping me from streaming high quality video?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived