This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone holding back on the Steam Autumn Sale and waiting for the Winter Sale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone holding back on the Steam Autumn Sale and waiting for the Winter Sale?

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
2 weeks ago#1
Unless you've absolutely run outta games to play this very moment, is there any other reason to not wait for just another few weeks and you'll get a much better chance of having a greater discount for almost every title?

User Info: drukenbastard

drukenbastard
2 weeks ago#2
Steam sales for fall are always the same as winter, but don't take my word for it. it's funny people believe this every year

User Info: magicaltop

magicaltop
2 weeks ago#3
Doubt many games on the Winter Sale will have a different price than what they have now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgxgGX

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
2 weeks ago#4
Yeah, it's probably going to be the same. I'm not buying too much but I'll get a couple of games and save the rest for black Friday.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
2 weeks ago#5
drukenbastard posted...
Steam sales for fall are always the same as winter, but don't take my word for it. it's funny people believe this every year

Fewer games are on sale during the Autumn sale however.

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 weeks ago#6
Of the games on sale now, most if not all will probably be on sale for the same amount in the Winter sale. Right now, there's zero on sale that I want. I've never felt less inclined to buy during a sale. I can hope they add some cool stuff for the Winter sale, but if not, I'll be holding off for the whole season.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
2 weeks ago#7
I am waiting only because I am in the middle of a longer RPG and prefer to buy games that I want to play now, rather buying with the intent to play later (which is how Steam backlogs happen).
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
2 weeks ago#8
Discounts are the same but you also get trading cards for buying during the winter sale so there is a little bonus for waiting.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: stav8

stav8
2 weeks ago#9
Not steam sale but forza 7 and gears of War ultimate edition
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone holding back on the Steam Autumn Sale and waiting for the Winter Sale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived