This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
3 weeks ago#11
"cheap ass" why not just say "cheap"? Adding ass like a self relieving hairy palmed nose dribbling teenager really adds nothing to the subject.

User Info: Super_Thug44

Super_Thug44
3 weeks ago#12
spud_almighty posted...
"cheap ass" why not just say "cheap"? Adding ass like a self relieving hairy palmed nose dribbling teenager really adds nothing to the subject.

Wow ur so cool man keep up the good work u da best
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
I made Erik_P admit he's wrong on 5/28/16.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
3 weeks ago#13
TrashPandaJedi posted...
New Vegas is like 3 bucks i think. You talking one of the best games of all times here.

also one of the most broken games of all times.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
3 weeks ago#14
spud_almighty posted...

It's a figure of speech. Get over yourself.
(message deleted)

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
2 weeks ago#16
spud_almighty posted...

mmkay Mr. Mackey
Rofl House

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 weeks ago#17
TrashPandaJedi posted...
New Vegas is like 3 bucks i think. You talking one of the best games of all times here.

It's terrible though.
It aged very poorly.
The story is meh.
Lots of crashes, lots of bugs.
If you have no plans on modding, then don't waste your time.
If you do want to mod, then prepare to study, because modding can get a bit tricky.
Now, say my name.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 weeks ago#18
Cheap ass carries a different set of connotations than simply 'cheap'.

ie, the projects are low rent neighborhoods with a densely packed population often lived in by s***ty people. But you wouldn't call them the slums even though they often carry the same definitions.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 weeks ago#19
spud_almighty posted...

I think cheap and cheap-ass are two different things.

Cheap is like "wow, this is 40% off, that's cheap!"

Cheap-ass is like "I bought this old game for a nickel!" (what?!)

Cheap is the opposite of expensive. Cheap-ass is like when you go beyond cheap and start to look stingy or broke because you didn't spend hardly anything.

As for New Vegas, I enjoyed the game with zero mods. I think it's the better of the two early Bethesda Fallouts (though some people for some inexplicable reason prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas).
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
2 weeks ago#20
Heisenberg312 posted...
It's terrible though.
It aged very poorly.
The story is meh.
Lots of crashes, lots of bugs.
If you have no plans on modding, then don't waste your time.
If you do want to mod, then prepare to study, because modding can get a bit tricky.

the first three of those are entirely subjective. especially the first one. then again, I'm probably on the other side of the good/s*** spectrum because Steam says I logged almost 200 hours into it. I also apparently played the console version(before the PC version) for around 40 hours.

the crashes/bugs thing can be mitigated easily by modding. Modding might not be perfect, but it is easy. Nexus mod manager helps with the more difficult parts. not sure about other mod managers cause I haven't used them in years if at all. if you do mod, I suggest quality of life mods for your first play through like patches, anti-crash mods, and similar stuff that help the game run but don't actually change stuff.

arleas posted...
I think cheap and cheap-ass are two different things.

Cheap is like "wow, this is 40% off, that's cheap!"

Cheap-ass is like "I bought this old game for a nickel!" (what?!)

Cheap is the opposite of expensive. Cheap-ass is like when you go beyond cheap and start to look stingy or broke because you didn't spend hardly anything.

As for New Vegas, I enjoyed the game with zero mods. I think it's the better of the two early Bethesda Fallouts (though some people for some inexplicable reason prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas).

I agree with the cheap vs cheap ass stuff. as for the Fallout part, it's probably because they played 3 first. there at least two reasons for this. first being that people might like the first one they played/watched/read/whatever in a series most for whatever reason. it could be because they've already experienced the series already by the time they played New Vegas. so it's been there, done that. it could also just be becuase there's a reason for it.

examples of that include:
they like both bases game about the same but there's a DLC they liked more in 3. for example, out of all of the DLC for both games, my favourite is Point Lookout.
there's an exclusive mod (or a mod for both that works differently in both games) that they liked in Fallout 3.
their favourite weapon/weapon type is in Fallout 3.
they liked the story better.

not that I'm saying either game is better than the other(or better than the older games). just that there's reasons one might like one over the other. after all, you could use the reasons I gave for FO3 for any of the games in the series or other game series(especially other moddable game series like The Elder Scrolls).
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived