This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 weeks ago#21
Terraria's 40% off. Even full price it's only $10, and will keep you busy for a VERY long time.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
2 weeks ago#22
Counter-Strike (the 2000 original bundled with the enhanced 2004 Condition Zero) is $1. There's still plenty of people playing. Hard to think of a better replay value-to-dollar ratio than this, as long as you can stomach old graphics.
Trying risks failure; refraining guarantees it

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 weeks ago#23
candlefighter posted...
as for the Fallout part, it's probably because they played 3 first.

I played 3 first... still liked New Vegas better. I find it amusing too that most people complain about New Vegas being less open, while there were several places in Fallout 3 that if you went the wrong direction you hit an invisible wall even if you could technically get there (mostly when walking through cities surrounded by Rubble). I see a path so I head for it thinking I just need to jump over this bit and....nope, Invisible wall.

The part that was wide open was basically flat with no defining details for long stretches.

Anyway, I feel like the only way default Fallout 3 can compare with New Vegas is with mods. New Vegas with mods would beat Fallout 3 with mods though. And for people complaining about New Vegas being a buggy piece of s***...well they were both Buggy pieces of s***. It's Bethesda after all. They can't code their way out of a wet paper bag without blue-screening at least once.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Rebellian

Rebellian
2 weeks ago#24
What can I get for 44 cents?
FC: 5155-2969-5674; Pokemon Moon Trainer Name: Jozen
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 weeks ago#25
Rebellian posted...
What can I get for 44 cents?

Sympathy?

Or add 5ยข and get this
http://store.steampowered.com/app/295690/PARTICLE_MACE/
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
2 weeks ago#26
arleas posted...
candlefighter posted...

I played 3 first... still liked New Vegas better. I find it amusing too that most people complain about New Vegas being less open, while there were several places in Fallout 3 that if you went the wrong direction you hit an invisible wall even if you could technically get there (mostly when walking through cities surrounded by Rubble). I see a path so I head for it thinking I just need to jump over this bit and....nope, Invisible wall.

The part that was wide open was basically flat with no defining details for long stretches.

Anyway, I feel like the only way default Fallout 3 can compare with New Vegas is with mods. New Vegas with mods would beat Fallout 3 with mods though. And for people complaining about New Vegas being a buggy piece of s***...well they were both Buggy pieces of s***. It's Bethesda after all. They can't code their way out of a wet paper bag without blue-screening at least once.

Lmao.New Vegas was way worst with invisible walls since more then half the f***ing time,if you tried to go over a hill you get blocked.Fallout 3 was less bad with that.And New Vegas is less open again,because of the invisible walls that f***ing litter the world.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
2 weeks ago#27
arleas posted...
candlefighter posted...

I didn't mean everyone.

would an invisible wall removing mod change anything?

New Vegas is better with mods, but only because of Tales of Two Wastelands. but it also requires work, so it's a double edged sword.

New Vegas was made by Obsidian.

Mariofan15 posted...
New Vegas was way worst with invisible walls since more then half the f***ing time,if you tried to go over a hill you get blocked.Fallout 3 was less bad with that.And New Vegas is less open again,because of the invisible walls that f***ing litter the world.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42285/?

does that help at all?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#28
arleas posted...
I played 3 first... still liked New Vegas better.

I also played 3 first. I honestly don't really remember much of the game. The things I most recall were:

- Megaton. The town didn't make much sense. Not only was it "Oh, let's build a settlement around THIS NUKE" but the layout was a bit unnatural, too. Can't remember the specifics, I just know that I was walking around and thinking "why would people build it this way".
- that guy who wanted to blow up the nuke. Can't even remember his name. Or his motive. Or if he even had one. For all I know, he probably didn't.
- a very broad outline of the plot. You had to go do something about water and your father was related to it, somehow
- the cannibals in some underground station
- the ending...and how weird and bad it was. OK, I was told "whoever goes in that irradiated thing to push the button won't make it out alive. Sure, yet the companions I had who were immune to radiation couldn't go there for no reason at all. I donned the rad suit, pushed the damn button, made my way back and just watched as people wouldn't let me out even though I was totally fine. I was also popping rad-aways like mints and was overall fine but they still just stood there and looked at me without opening the door to let me out. So we stood there staring at each other for about some minutes until my rad-aways ran out. I was deliberately prolonging it to see how ridiculous it could be.

I mostly remember the ending, though and not much else from the game. I never relaly got any DLC because I couldn't be bothered. Which is also probably why I didn't retain most memories of the game, either. By comparison, I actually found New Vegas memorable and more sensible in a lot of respects.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
2 weeks ago#29
vlado_e posted...
- Megaton. The town didn't make much sense. Not only was it "Oh, let's build a settlement around THIS NUKE" but the layout was a bit unnatural, too. Can't remember the specifics, I just know that I was walking around and thinking "why would people build it this way".

What bothered me about Megaton is that if I was looking to build a good town to live in, assuming the bomb is no longer there, a crater is not where I would do it. Not unless I enjoyed the idea of having no line of site around my town and if the walls are breached it means the invaders have the highground.

Then again, I also wouldn't put my town on a falling apart overpass.
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some cheap ass Steam games on sale that are worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived