This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I upgrade my processor?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I upgrade my processor?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#11
iemerg_ posted...
Next PC you build I recommend dropping $1000+ on. You should be good until next year, give GPU and RAM prices time to drop and see what new tech is out. Right now $1000 will get you a 8700K/1070 build easily.

I talked myself out of an upgrade (I don't need one though). Both those are going for more than the MSRPs for them.

I'm still tempted to snag a 1080... but waiting makes more sense unless GPU prices go up and never come down in the future.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#12
Voxwik posted...
iemerg_ posted...
Next PC you build I recommend dropping $1000+ on. You should be good until next year, give GPU and RAM prices time to drop and see what new tech is out. Right now $1000 will get you a 8700K/1070 build easily.

I talked myself out of an upgrade (I don't need one though). Both those are going for more than the MSRPs for them.

I'm still tempted to snag a 1080... but waiting makes more sense unless GPU prices go up and never come down in the future.

GPU prices will eventually go down once the crypto currency bellys up again. RAM on the other hand ya have to just bite the bullet on that one.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
3 weeks ago#13
Nightmare_Luna posted...
I haven't had any issues yet

then the answer is no, you do not need to upgrade(yet)
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I upgrade my processor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived