This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This Prebuilt any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This Prebuilt any good?

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#11
ClunkerSlim posted...
Whitemike20052 posted...
Just wondering about the motherboard. Cant seem to find whats in it.

That's because you're not guaranteed a specific part. It's a Z370 board, but it can be ANY Z370 board. Just like it's a GTX 1080, but it can be ANY GTX 1080. A lot of times these things get built together and shipped to Amazon at the same time, so they all come with the same components. But that doesn't have to be the case. Amazon can reorder or CyberPower can send a second shipment, and the second shipment can have different components.

And, no. I don't think it's a good deal. Why? Because I think when you get in i7/GTX1080 territory then you need to be building it yourself. Or atleast picking out all the exact components yourself. I can tell you right now, this PC probably has a s*** power supply. The fact that they don't even bother to list the wattage or the brand should be a big red flag. I also think this thing only comes with a cheap stock fan for the CPU (judging by the customer photos.) So I sure as hell wouldn't try overclocking. Honestly, this thing could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Unless this thing was dirt cheap when you posted this, then I wouldn't bother.

Yea i was thinking the same thing with motherboard, gpu model and of course the powersupply.
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*
PS: FTN!

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
2 weeks ago#12
Probably gonna end up building my own, but it still seems very tempting. Lets see what Cyber M brings.
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*
PS: FTN!

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 weeks ago#13
I bought my PC pre-built from CyberPower PC. I'll post the components below.

Motherboard: MSI B350 Bazooka
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
GPU: EVGA 1080 replaced with an RMA'd EVGA 1080ti
RAM: 16GB PNY 2133mhz replaced with 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
PSU: 600w Thermal Lake replaced with 650w EVGA SuperNOVA
Cooler: Off-brand Wraith Spire replaced with Hyper 212 EVO

I spent $300+ on better component than what came in. I have read people getting s***ty mobo's or getting really good GPU's or Gigabyte GPU's. It really depends on whatever CPPC has on hand at the time that the PC is built-- you also have to factor in how long its been sitting or if it fell off the shelf. You have to factor in a lot. Its definitely a risk. CyberPower's customer service is pretty good, from my experience.

My pre-built was $1299.99 all together it was $1600+. Inb4 some cuck says I overpaid, whatever, it was a gift card and it didn't come out of my pocket. Next time I will build from the ground up. I will say I recommend buying a new case. The ventilation for these CPPC cases aren't very good.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This Prebuilt any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived