This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheap laptop for retro game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheap laptop for retro game

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 weeks ago#1
Mainly just getting a laptop so my ol lady can play retro games, up to 4 controllers and connecting to the TV if possible.

Anyone seen any cheap prices on new laptops that can do that? I'm sure nothing special is needed
finally a new .Hack game! its been too long old friend.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 weeks ago#2
literally any modern cheapo laptop can play retro games (depending how retro I assume you mean stuff like snes or ps1 games) integrated graphics on the cpu have come a long way and probably fit all your needs

if you want to connect 4 controllers you might have to buy an adapter for extra usb ports

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-4-Port-USB-2-0-Ultra-Mini/dp/B003M0NURK something like this

your tv probably has an hdmi port which you can use to connect your laptop to and use it as a screen

User Info: bass_god6790

bass_god6790
3 weeks ago#3
Raspberry Pi 3. Just a bit of setup and your rocking retro snes era games for under $50
"I Bent My Wookie" -- Ralph Wiggum
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheap laptop for retro game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived