This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Buy Dell S2716DGR and Dell S2716DG : $450 price difference?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Buy Dell S2716DGR and Dell S2716DG : $450 price difference?

User Info: Exo401

Exo401
3 weeks ago#1
You can buy both on Best Buy website, they are the same exact monitor, only difference being is the R(Retail) from what I read on the internet. Scam?
Hey! Got any grapessss? .

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
3 weeks ago#2
The R version is simply the retail version that Best Buy has. No difference. It was on sale for $350 (I think it still is). I picked one up yesterday. It's awesome. Mine is an A04 version if you care. Did not realize they had both on their website. I thought you could only get the non-R version from Dell. But yes, they are exactly the same monitor. From what I can tell, Dell likes to put the R after ones sold at a retail store just so they can differentiate where you bought it.

But yeah, Dell monitor with 1440p, 144hz, and g-sync for $350. Boosh.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: Exo401

Exo401
3 weeks ago#3
Elephant Rider posted...
The R version is simply the retail version that Best Buy has. No difference. It was on sale for $350 (I think it still is). I picked one up yesterday. It's awesome. Mine is an A04 version if you care. Did not realize they had both on their website. I thought you could only get the non-R version from Dell. But yes, they are exactly the same monitor. From what I can tell, Dell likes to put the R after ones sold at a retail store just so they can differentiate where you bought it.

But yeah, Dell monitor with 1440p, 144hz, and g-sync for $350. Boosh.

Awesome. It's still on sale. I'm glad I returned the open box I bought for $470 last week! What a deal!

Can you which version you're getting on the box?
Hey! Got any grapessss? .

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
3 weeks ago#4
It's the R version, Rev A04. The sticker with the serial # tells which revision it is. The "R" is printed on the box with the model number.

Nothing about the monitor says it supports 3D vision, but apparently it does if you get an emitter and glasses. I'll probably never care enough to even check it out though.

I've seen a lot about sometimes the color calibration is hard to get right. Maybe it's because it's the A04 revision (and a lot of that was from reviews of earlier revisions), but mine seems pretty close right out of the box. Best looking TN panel I've ever seen.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: chris121691

chris121691
3 weeks ago#5
While it's good for the price obviously..I had to return mine. Messed around with the settings for a while trying to get it right, but still looked a bit washed out, and the banding was terrible.

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
3 weeks ago#6
chris121691 posted...
While it's good for the price obviously..I had to return mine. Messed around with the settings for a while trying to get it right, but still looked a bit washed out, and the banding was terrible.

Gotta replace mine tonight, DP is stuck in power saving mode.
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*
PS: FTN!

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#7
Yeah I posted about this the first day it went on sale, got this beautiful bastard. It's glorious
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
3 weeks ago#8
chris121691 posted...

Yea the colors and its washed out look are def a turn off. But 350 for 27in gysnc.
Mother: I'm so sorry Christian! I don't know where the peanut butter is! I swear to God! Bale: SWEAR TO ME!!!!!!! *backhand slap*
PS: FTN!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#9
Elephant Rider posted...
It's the R version, Rev A04. The sticker with the serial # tells which revision it is. The "R" is printed on the box with the model number.

Nothing about the monitor says it supports 3D vision, but apparently it does if you get an emitter and glasses. I'll probably never care enough to even check it out though.

I've seen a lot about sometimes the color calibration is hard to get right. Maybe it's because it's the A04 revision (and a lot of that was from reviews of earlier revisions), but mine seems pretty close right out of the box. Best looking TN panel I've ever seen.

Emitter?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#10
Whitemike20052 posted...
chris121691 posted...

Yea the colors and its washed out look are def a turn off. But 350 for 27in gysnc.

Should be alright for a bit of gaming, but ya it was what my budget could afford. Only gonna play RTS and FPS games on it. TV will be used for pretty much everything else.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Buy Dell S2716DGR and Dell S2716DG : $450 price difference?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived