This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer's display settings are messed up now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer's display settings are messed up now

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
2 weeks ago#1
Up until now my monitor has always outputted at 1080p, but something happened yesterday that messed everything up. I was on YouTube, and I put the video I was watching on Fullscreen. At this point I may have accidentally pressed a key combination or something, because the screen went black, I heard the sound that pops up whenever a USB device shuts off, and my display was zoomed in. I checked my display settings and I found out that it was now outputting 1024 x 768. I now can't change the resolution to anything higher than 1280 x 1024.

I'm not sure what to do. I did a system restore but that didn't help. Nothing in my Display Settings can bring my monitor back to its previous settings either. My monitor is an EMachines E211H. Also, the PC I'm using isn't a gaming PC so it's using integrated graphics.

Anyone got any advice?

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
2 weeks ago#2
It's a shot in the dark, but try pressing the windows key + P.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

MabinogiFan
2 weeks ago#3
VoidNoodle posted...
It's a shot in the dark, but try pressing the windows key + P.

That didn't work unfortunately.

User Info: Seanirl

Seanirl
2 weeks ago#4
Hmmm... that sounds a lot like what happened to me today. I heard the same noise and then got a s***ty resolution after. My graphics card appears in the Device Manager but when I try to change resolution it doesn't show the card and I can't change the resolution to anything decent.

I also seemed to get some kind of update today related to display, which IIRC seemed to come before the problem. Maybe this is some kind of update issue that's making certain graphics cards not work properly? No wait, you said integrated graphics. Weird. Probably not the same problem then, but it IS just what happened to me.
"So the struggle, he said, is over no slight matter, but whether we are to be mad or sane."

User Info: REFan988

REFan988
2 weeks ago#5
I had the same issue with my graphics card driver. My fix was to go to device manager and roll back the graphics card driver. It seemed to do the trick.

MabinogiFan
2 weeks ago#6
My computer may have a dedicated video card after all. It's a prebuilt I got six years ago, and the card it has is an ATI Radeon HD 4200.

Anyway, rolling back the driver seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer's display settings are messed up now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived