This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which CPU should I get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which CPU should I get?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#11
mucloud posted...
The K series if you OC and if you do want to worry about upgrading for a while the i7 6core K series

A couple of games do recommend a 6+ core processor.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: I_suk_at_golf

I_suk_at_golf
3 weeks ago#12
Go Ryzen?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 weeks ago#13
If you're looking to use it for seven years you'd want to get either the i7 8700 or Ryzen 7 and even then just can't be safe

Seven years is just a long time and we'll probably get a new console generation three years from now. We should expect the next console generation to drastically increase the system requirements.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#14
godplaysSNES posted...
If you're looking to use it for seven years you'd want to get either the i7 8700 or Ryzen 7 and even then just can't be safe

Seven years is just a long time and we'll probably get a new console generation three years from now. We should expect the next console generation to drastically increase the system requirements.

You really can't predict, why its best to just build now and hope for the best.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
3 weeks ago#15
captsplatter_1 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

You really can't predict, why its best to just build now and hope for the best.

This. CPU innovation has been stagnant on the desktop side of things for years as the money is in mobile so odds are any decent, current gen CPU you get is going to be viable for a long time. If something does shake up the world on the CPU end, odds are neither Ryzen, Intel, or a tiny overclock on a K model will be a significant difference, especially since you are only gaming. Just get whichever one you think is a better deal and it'll work fine for a while (I'm still humming along great on my 3570k).
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which CPU should I get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived