This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this prebuilt decent?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this prebuilt decent?

User Info: smoky820

smoky820
2 weeks ago#1
https://tinyurl.com/ybbatt6f

the above computer currently has a deal for a free VR headset and controllers bundle with it. Just how well can I expect this pc to play current gen games? I dont really care about VR since I plan to sell the headset and controllers if I purchase this to try and get some of the money back.

Would I be able to run most stuff at 1080 60fps with around high settings?
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 weeks ago#2
Yeah, tha's pretty decent. An RX 580 is roughly equivalent to a GTX 1060, so it should handle 1080p 60fps no problem.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 weeks ago#3
"most stuff" is very f***ing vague

For even cheaper just buy an X1x - it runs 1080p 60fps fine.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: smoky820

smoky820
1 week ago#4
Originally I had planned on selling the vr headset since I dont really have an interest in it, but I've kind of been convinced to keep it for others to use. My question is again on the specs of the pc, I plan on putting in another 8 gigs of ram to bring it up to 16; should I be ok to run most stuff or will I run into many issues? Im not expecting to run everything maxed out as highest resolutions.
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
1 week ago#5
Sure it'll run "most stuff" - doom from 1992, Quake 2, Simcity 2000, and Unreal Tournament.

And adding 8GB RAM won't give you more FPS.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: sickbullet

sickbullet
1 week ago#6
Take with the PSU on a prebuilt, but the rig is solid.

Gotta love that on the majority of listings the most important component is never listed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this prebuilt decent?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived