This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is this a good deal for a laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is this a good deal for a laptop?

User Info: zeek778

zeek778
2 weeks ago#1
and is it good spec wise, and is it the newest or about the newest cpu and other parts there is?

i dont know much about laptop hardware so thats why im asking

http://www.qvc.com/HP-17%22-Touch-Laptop-Core-i5-8GB-RAM-2TB-HD-w-Backlit-Keys-%26-Tech-Support.product.E231227.html?sc=PRODFEED

please and thanks

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
2 weeks ago#2
Not good, the screen should be full hd 1920x1080 not 1600x900 resolution if you're paying that much for it.
Also, this laptop is not for gaming if you need it for that.

zeek778
2 weeks ago#3
thanks i was worried about the screen resolution as i couldn't find it listed until now, i just read over that part i guess

could you or anyone else recommend me a 17 inch 1080p laptop thats a good deal please?

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 weeks ago#4
What are you using it for? 17 inch isn't exactly fun to lug around if you're traveling.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

zeek778
2 weeks ago#5
i wont be traveling its just for home use mostly, and i would like to play civilization vi on it if possible

sorry didn't answer sooner i was busy

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 weeks ago#6
zeek778 posted...
i wont be traveling its just for home use mostly, and i would like to play civilization vi on it if possible

sorry didn't answer sooner i was busy

I would just build a more powerful pc for the same money spent on a laptop.

Also, some laptops have s***ty low resolution displays, but you can hook them up externally to a monitor and get better resolutions.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: benwlcp

benwlcp
2 weeks ago#7
Hi Zeek,

It would probably work, but it might look and perform a little sluggishly. It wouldn't be my recommendation for a gaming PC.

If its primary use is home gaming, would you think about a desktop instead? Do you have a specific budget your looking to stay under?

If you did want to stay with a laptop, you could look at this. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154733
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is this a good deal for a laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived