This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#1
Had my eye on the MSI 1080ti for most of the year now, sadly it just keeps going up in price over here in the UK.

Do I just keep playing the waiting game (probably until this time next year right?) or is there an alternative?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Alesandros

Alesandros
2 weeks ago#2
Depends on the game and your desired graphical settings. You may need (2) 1080Tis to get decent frame rates with higher graphical settings at 4k.
Classically liberal, independent moderate. US Marine and Pianist.
[Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlesandrosX?feature=mhee]

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
2 weeks ago#3
i play a lot of games at 4k on my 980ti

works pretty well.

that being said overwatch is the "newest" game ive played 4k atm. not so sure if id be able to play any more demanding games at 4k.

but yeah, wow and overwatch look nice on my 40 inch 4k tv.

also warframe looks amazing on 4k, so does max payne 3.

i tried the newest tomb raider at 4k once and it looked amazing but fps was around 30ish so not my thing.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 weeks ago#4
absolutely not. but it depends what you're after. a 970 can play tons of games in 4k, if you're playing indies or games on low settings for example. "4k" isn't this set thing that you either achieve or don't achieve, there's levels to it.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#5
Ah ok, I seem to have been misinformed. I’m still stuck in the dark ages with my 750ti and I was under the impression that the 1080ti was the next logical step.

What’s a good alternative then for the following games:

Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Resident Evil 7
Skyrim
GTA V

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#6
Oh and eventually I want Forza

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
2 weeks ago#7
1080ti can do 4K in GTA V and Skyrim. A 780 can do 4K in Skyrim actually

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
2 weeks ago#8
The other games idk. They may be more demanding

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 weeks ago#9
Fallout 4 is going to be your biggest issue. Skyrim is old enough where its easy enough to brute force through its optimization issues, GTA V has been patched to run incredibly well on all types of hardware, RE7 isn't that demanding and Witcher 3 is about as well optimized as those games get.

Fallout 4 is a mess though, but fan patches might have helped it out since I've played it.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 weeks ago#10
Sephiroth311 posted...
I’m still stuck in the dark ages with my 750ti

Anything from the 1060 up is going to be a HUGE upgrade from that card, trust me. You may not be able to play every game at 4K/with insane framerates but it will certainly offer a far better experience with those games than the 750ti.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived