This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#11
I thought there was a high-res official download for Fallout?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
2 weeks ago#12
Most games play decent at 4k on a 1080ti, maybe not everything and maybe not always maxed, but it's fine, just don't try maxing out Warhammer Total War, that literally bricked my new computer and I had to return it.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 weeks ago#13
Alesandros posted...
Depends on the game and your desired graphical settings. You may need (2) 1080Tis to get decent frame rates with higher graphical settings at 4k.

NEVER go with a dual GPU setup as like .05% of games support it and will create more problems than what its worth like micro stuttering
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#14
I should keep aiming for the 1080ti then?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
(message deleted)

User Info: 2DJunky

2DJunky
2 weeks ago#16
Kids these days...4K...1080ti...
I've been gaming close to 30 years now. And lately even downgraded from my 1080p rig to 1366 x 768 res laptop because that's all I need to play awesome games. Most Devs. these days need to make an interesting games and not some bloated boring Chinese knockoffs with over needed hardware requirements. What's the point of making an eye candy looking game when you get bored even on Main Menu of the game.
Dell Inspiron 15 5566 (15.6") / i3-7100U / 6GB RAM / 120GB SSD

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
2 weeks ago#17
2DJunky posted...
Kids these days...4K...1080ti...
I've been gaming close to 30 years now. And lately even downgraded from my 1080p rig to 1366 x 768 res laptop because that's all I need to play awesome games. Most Devs. these days need to make an interesting games and not some bloated boring Chinese knockoffs with over needed hardware requirements. What's the point of making an eye candy looking game when you get bored even on Main Menu of the game.

You have a strong point. I agree with what you're saying which is why I don't even care about upgrading my pc like that

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 weeks ago#18
1080 Ti is needed if you want to play current AAA titles at 4k Ultra 60fps with a single card. You can get away with lesser cards if you use two and game has good SLI support, or if it's an older or eSports* game

*Rocket League, League of Legends, Overwatch, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, etc.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Alesandros

Alesandros
2 weeks ago#19
Fade2black001 posted...
Alesandros posted...
Depends on the game and your desired graphical settings. You may need (2) 1080Tis to get decent frame rates with higher graphical settings at 4k.

NEVER go with a dual GPU setup as like .05% of games support it and will create more problems than what its worth like micro stuttering

Been SLI-ing for years now. 660Ti x2, 780 x2, TitanX x2.

Most AAA titles support it on or near after launch. Most AAA titles scale very well, and have little (if any) glitches... and have been solved with the help of google, ini-edits, and 15 minutes of my time. Micro-stuttering is a thing of the past.

Literally the only gripe within the past 3 years I've had with SLI is that Skyrim: SE doesn't support it. Even then, I was able to force it via nvidia control panel with appreciable benefits and a few anti-aliasing adjustments.

I have no idea where you are coming from saying ".05%" of games use it, creates more problems, micro-stuttering, etc" as these claims are entirely factually incorrect.

That was like 2010-2011 timeframe.
Classically liberal, independent moderate. US Marine and Pianist.
[Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlesandrosX?feature=mhee]

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
2 weeks ago#20
Most games from 2013 and before should be handled well at 4K by even lesser cards. I feel like 1080ti is needed mainly for the newest of titles
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived