This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 weeks ago#21
Sephiroth311 posted...
Ah ok, I seem to have been misinformed. I’m still stuck in the dark ages with my 750ti and I was under the impression that the 1080ti was the next logical step.

What’s a good alternative then for the following games:

Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Resident Evil 7
Skyrim
GTA V

I play in 4k on my 750ti... Sure not all my games run it... but the card runs 1080p at 60 fps in almost everything.

980 ti seems to be pretty adequate, and about half the price, when I was shopping for another card, of a 1080 ti.

Personally, if I had the option, I would get the 980ti, and wait for the 1180 to surface.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
2 weeks ago#22
A single 1080ti isn't even enough
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 weeks ago#23
Alesandros posted...
I have no idea where you are coming from saying ".05%" of games use it, creates more problems, micro-stuttering, etc" as these claims are entirely factually incorrect.

That was like 2010-2011 timeframe.

You're responding to Fade2Stupid, what do you expect?
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 weeks ago#24
Rosencroitz posted...
Alesandros posted...
I have no idea where you are coming from saying ".05%" of games use it, creates more problems, micro-stuttering, etc" as these claims are entirely factually incorrect.

That was like 2010-2011 timeframe.

You're responding to Fade2Stupid, what do you expect?

You say that and by looking at your sig, so much irony going on here...
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 weeks ago#25
Fade2black001 posted...

What's worse, the guy who thinks a fictional being created everything (and, coincidentally, thinks 75% of 200 is 50) or the guy who is mocking said person (and others like him) who thinks a fictional being created everything?

There's no irony here--there's only your sad excuse of an existence.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 weeks ago#26
TC

You're not giving us much info to go on here. Yes you want to play games at 4k Resolution. But resolution isn't the only setting for a game. Are you going to turn AA off? you want 60fps?
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: triple s

triple s
2 weeks ago#27
Alesandros posted...
Depends on the game and your desired graphical settings. You may need (2) 1080Tis to get decent frame rates with higher graphical settings at 4k.

That is so untrue it hurts. Outside of a handful of games that aren't optimized very well(Ghost Recon Wildlands being an example), you're pretty much getting 60fps with near max settings for most other games. AA is the first thing you'll have to lower, then maybe shadow details a bit on some games. Other than that, the 1080ti does 4K quite well.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 weeks ago#28
Rosencroitz posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

What's worse, the guy who thinks a fictional being created everything (and, coincidentally, thinks 75% of 200 is 50) or the guy who is mocking said person (and others like him) who thinks a fictional being created everything?

There's no irony here--there's only your sad excuse of an existence.

Irony, so much irony here
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Alesandros

Alesandros
2 weeks ago#29
triple s posted...
Alesandros posted...
Depends on the game and your desired graphical settings. You may need (2) 1080Tis to get decent frame rates with higher graphical settings at 4k.

That is so untrue it hurts. Outside of a handful of games that aren't optimized very well(Ghost Recon Wildlands being an example), you're pretty much getting 60fps with near max settings for most other games. AA is the first thing you'll have to lower, then maybe shadow details a bit on some games. Other than that, the 1080ti does 4K quite well.

I have 2 TitanXs and there are games released within the last 5 years that I cannot "max" at 4k.

4k + 8/16xAA @ 60fps= crush all video cards today for most non-indie games / AA or AAA games

T'was why I said "higher graphical settings".
Classically liberal, independent moderate. US Marine and Pianist.
[Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlesandrosX?feature=mhee]

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
2 weeks ago#30
4K is great if you can afford it, but if you're not even at 1080p you might want to go 1440p. A solid 1440p monitor is going to run you about $400. For what it's worth my GTX 1060 6gb can handle GTAV @ 4K maxed out above 40fps at all times, but usually in the mid 50's. If you got the cash for the 1080ti, then yea go for it. Pair it with a Ryzen chip, as Ryzen performs better at higher resolutions. It's also cheaper.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 1080ti currently the only way to achieve 4K?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived