This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ACER laptop with model 10-6 graphics card and 32 gb ram, from 3k to 2.k, worth?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ACER laptop with model 10-6 graphics card and 32 gb ram, from 3k to 2.k, worth?

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
3 weeks ago#1
I need a laptop for gaming, next game games. Does this laptop work for you guys?

Or should I just get a desktop?

OEIO999
3 weeks ago#2
bump

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#3
Are you saying you're willing to pay between two and three thousand dollars for a gaming laptop? Unless you absolutely NEED the portability, no, don't do that, invest that money in a build/pre-built (your money will go a little further you'll have far more customization if you build it yourself/pay someone to assemble it), you will get FAR more for your money, and the thing won't become an overpriced doorstop when it overheats and dies on you from the sub-optimal airflow endemic to gaming/high-powered laptops.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
3 weeks ago#4
I had numerous problems with my 4k Lenovo Yoga 720 and after about 3-4 months with dealing with a black line hanging down from the diffuser and then them having the screen "repaired" only to have major light bleed they sent me their 4k Legion with a 6Gb 1060 in it and I love it. I have it currently hooked up to a dell 4k monitor and it works great for me. I don't have the space for a bulky desktop right now (will be graduating and moving within 8 months) so a gaming laptop was perfect for what I needed.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

OEIO999
3 weeks ago#5
bump for knowledge

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
3 weeks ago#6
You should post the specs of the laptop in the post instead of the title.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

OEIO999
3 weeks ago#7
MasteroftheArts posted...
You should post the specs of the laptop in the post instead of the title.

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-593G-75AG 15.6" Gaming Laptop

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor
512GB SSD + 1TB Hard Drive
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB Graphics

15.6" FHD (1920x1080) Display

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.8GHz (3.8GHz 6MB)

512GB SSD + 1TB Hard Drive Storage

32GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB Graphics

SD Card Reader + Webcam

802.11ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth

1 x HDMI Port

1 x USB 2.0 Ports

3 x USB 3.0 Ports

Windows 10 Home

Processor Type - Intel Core i7

Processor Model Number - Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ

Processor Cores - Quad Core

RAM (GB) - 32.0

HDD Storage - 1TB

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
3 weeks ago#8
You would only need the 16GB RAM option, I have that same processor and graphics card in my laptop and they work great for games
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 weeks ago#9
Two grand for a 1060 is an absolute f***ing joke unless you're paying with Canadian Monopoly money

A laptop with a 1060 shouldn't reasonably be going for more than $1200-$1400 depending on the rest of it's feature set
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: mnUnique

mnUnique
3 weeks ago#10
If you want a good laptop with a good price, I would say go with Sager/Clevo or any variant of them.
I got my sager laptop this year and it have both 1060GTX and i7-7700HQ, and it was around 1200$, so I am sure if you put more ram and extra storage ssd, it will still be in the range of 1700-1800$. so it is much better than buying a branded laptop like ASUS/MSI/ACER/DELL etc.
that and also most of these custom laptops have better ability to modify/upgrade them in the future.

the only advantage for branded laptops I know is that the weight/height/overall size would be better as they are more compact, but I guess heat management will be bad, depending on the laptop model.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ACER laptop with model 10-6 graphics card and 32 gb ram, from 3k to 2.k, worth?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived