This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I ripping my friend off? (aka What is my PC worth?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am I ripping my friend off? (aka What is my PC worth?)

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#11
Tekken9292 posted...
Unless the PC has temperature problems a.k.a. failing hardware, that rig is easily worth $800

Uh, no, for one thing it's using an old first-generation i5, for another it's using a 660ti, and as someone who used to own a factory overclocked 660, that thing is barely relevant anymore, and finally it's likely had at least 5/6 years of use so there's no way in hell anybody with a lick of sense would pay $800 for that rig. Of course this is GameFAQs where sense/rationality/civility go to die.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
3 weeks ago#12
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#13
it's a fair price TC
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
3 weeks ago#14
A 660ti is worth $50 cdn tops. 4gb 960s go for $80-120 on kijiji and you can get off lease i7 2600 microtower workstations for $100-160. A first gen core i5 build is worth $80
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 weeks ago#15
anonymous02135 posted...
totally this, after all, we are talking about used pc. if you friend is willing to spend another $350 for total $700, then he can get a better pc in black friday. other dude saying other wise is just clueless.

I think you're missing the part where he's throwing in a brand new $150 SSD, windows key, and a monitor. At the $200 fade suggested he'd practically be giving away the existing hardware.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: squall567

squall567
3 weeks ago#16
I think it's a decent price to sell the pc on craigslist but not to a friend. It has really dated parts and personally I would ask for 125 if it were my friend.
4690K@4.4Ghz\H110i GT\Z97-A\Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB@2133Mhz\GTX 1080\Seasonic X750\760T\MG279Q

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 weeks ago#17
TravisCombs posted...
I'm thinking about asking $350 from him. Subtracting the cost of the SSD, the adapter for the SSD, and a copy of Windows, I'm basically asking $175 for the above system and monitor. Is that too much?

@TravisCombs, if you updated from a older version of Windows to windows 10 on that PC then the motherboard/CPU already has a Windows 10 key bound to their hardware ID.

The only device in this situation that is getting a new Windows 10 key is your new PC.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#18
TravisCombs posted...
I just built a new PC so my friend is interested in buying my old desktop. I don't think he currently has a PC, and he's not the most tech savvy guy (although he's far better than average). The thing is, I don't know what my old PC is worth.

Specs:

i5-760
Hyper 212 Plus
12GB RAM DDR3-1600
MSI GTX 660Ti
Corsair TX650 V2
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard
Antec 300 case with 4 fans (2x120mm front, 1x140mm top, 1x120mm back)
DVD drive (unbranded from the front, I think Lite-On?)

I'm keeping my old hard drives as I want to keep the data on them, so I'd have to buy him something for storage. I'm leaning toward a 500GB class SSD which seems to be around $130-140, and I'll need a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter for this case (these seem to only be about 5 bucks). I'll also grab him a copy of Windows from eBay.

I also ordered 3 new monitors today for my new PC, so I can give him one of my current ones (which would be a Dell U2312HM).

I'm thinking about asking $350 from him. Subtracting the cost of the SSD, the adapter for the SSD, and a copy of Windows, I'm basically asking $175 for the above system and monitor. Is that too much?
$500 and that is cause it is used and has a older i5. I would not sell it for $350 that is too low
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
(message deleted)

User Info: Soli5

Soli5
3 weeks ago#20
wildog2006 posted...
ITT: Only TC has friends and everyone else wants him to screw his friend over by charging him $500 for an old computer he doesn't need anymore.

f*** those idiots. You said he might not even have a computer?! Not cool. Help a brother out.

I agree. It's an old computer you don't need anymore. Just charge for the ssd and windows key. Help a friend ascend.
-----
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Am I ripping my friend off? (aka What is my PC worth?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived