This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for RAM for new Build.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for RAM for new Build.

User Info: SoulreaperX112

SoulreaperX112
2 weeks ago#1
I am looking for RAM for a X370 Taichi/Ryzen 1800x build. Is it worth it to look at 3200 speeds? I was having a hard time determine what speeds I should go with given current pricing. I also don't see any current 3200 speeds on sale that are Cl14. I have been looking at both gskill tridenz and corsair lx series.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 weeks ago#2
What speeds are your RAM at now?
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

SoulreaperX112
2 weeks ago#3
I have not put together the build yet. Waiting to order the rest of the components and the others to arrive. But on my current build I have ddr2 so anything is an upgrade at this point lol. I just don't want to bottle neck anything. Was going to be grabbing a rx 580 as well.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 weeks ago#4
SoulreaperX112 posted...
Is it worth it to look at 3200 speeds?

At current prices for an RX580 build?
No.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

mucloud
2 weeks ago#5
If you can get some RAM on sale at 2400 speeds you really do not need 3200, but if you can afford it, it will speed things up like Video Editing and such but you will not see any gains or notable ones anyway for other tasks it's more of a Enthusiast build speeds.

No you will not be bottle necking that RX anytime soon.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

SoulreaperX112
2 weeks ago#6
In terms of editing the only thing I would be using is 3d modeling software. At the moment I use Inventor but have been looking at getting into some free things such blender.

mucloud
2 weeks ago#7
Then no if you not using it for Editing and such then I don't believe that you would benefit from RAM speeds at 3200 unless you want that speed go ahead and spend the extra $$$ on it but anywhere from 2400 and up is fine.

SoulreaperX112
2 weeks ago#8
Alright thanks for the help

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#9
I used to have this guide to show the best RAM choices for their CPU/MOBO counterparts, but can't find that list anymore.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
2 weeks ago#10
Faster RAM speed can make a noticeable difference for Ryzen
https://www.computerbase.de/2017-07/core-i-ryzen-ddr4-ram-benchmark/3/#diagramm-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-1280-720
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for RAM for new Build.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived