This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#1
If you've ever considered getting one it's 90 percent off right now.

There is a shipping cost though, cost me about thirteen with tax and shipping.

Not sure why they are so cheap, might be liquidating them before a 4k version comes out or something, but either way pretty good deal.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 weeks ago#2
Hmm, interesting. If infact there is a 4K-version, I'll wait.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 weeks ago#3
Just keep in mind that you need to either run an ethernet cable to your Steam Link from your modem, or invest in a higher-end router or there's noticeable control latency. Adjusting encoding settings helps a bit, but in my experience it was basically unusable for faster-paced/twitch games over wireless,and even in slower-paced games the lag made moving the mouse etc. irritating. YMMV of course. Just my personal experience.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#4
JKatarn posted...
Just keep in mind that you need to either run an ethernet cable to your Steam Link from your modem, or invest in a higher-end router or there's noticeable control latency. Adjusting encoding settings helps a bit, but in my experience it was basically unusable for faster-paced/twitch games over wireless,and even in slower-paced games the lag made moving the mouse etc. irritating. YMMV of course. Just my personal experience.

Yeah I've no experience with it but bought one to try it out because the price is right. Just thought I'd spread the word to others that were kinda interested but didn't think it was worth 40 bucks.

Also the 4k thing I mentioned is just pure speculation on my part since the price is so low it looks like they are actively trying to get rid of them. Maybe they just expected more demand and over produced. I've no idea.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 weeks ago#5
KURRUPTOR posted...
Also the 4k thing I mentioned is just pure speculation on my part since the price is so low it looks like they are actively trying to get rid of them. Maybe they just expected more demand and over produced. I've no idea.

I doubt it's because they have a 4K model in the works, it's probably the same rationale as the discount on the Steam Controller - it was another half-baked hardware idea by Valve that didn't quite work out/sell as well as they expected so they're trying to clear out stock. I mean, I can conceivably see it working reasonably if you have a high-end router or have limited space between your computer/TV to run an Ethernet cable, or have a longer cable, but then you would likely just use your TV as a display anyway which would render the Steam Link irrelevant.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 weeks ago#6
Supposedly many Gamestop stores stock them, where you can pick it up for $5 + tax, rather than the outrageous shipping.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 weeks ago#7
You'd be wanting a 10gigabit wired connection for low-latency on-the-fly-compression 4K video streaming lol.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 weeks ago#8
PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

In America. Steam Link is still $90 here in Australia since Valve don't deliver here so we're at the mercy of retailers
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 weeks ago#9
Rosencroitz posted...
Supposedly many Gamestop stores stock them, where you can pick it up for $5 + tax, rather than the outrageous shipping.

Wow. Wish I would've known that. I would've bought one yesterday. Too late now. Rest of my funds are allocated to bills.

User Info: helldew

helldew
2 weeks ago#10
i dont really get the point of them TBH its supposed to be for streaming to your TV but the wireless sucks? and people rec a cable connection at which point it feels like it solves a very weird problem
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived