This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 weeks ago#11
helldew posted...
i dont really get the point of them TBH its supposed to be for streaming to your TV but the wireless sucks? and people rec a cable connection at which point it feels like it solves a very weird problem

On the box/in the instructions/on the store page they say 'WIRED CONNECTION RECOMMENDED', but I've heard people with higher-end 5 GHZ routers have had a decent experience. On my ISP provided modem/router, even with the Steam Link set up in an adjacent room, there was noticeable input lag.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 weeks ago#12
I guess the closest experience I've had is the in-home streaming between two PC's and it actually provided a nice experience. That's why I want to buy a Steam Link. Sometimes I want to be on the TV in the front room. That said, it's a bit of a bummer that the Wi-Fi does not provide a similar experience.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 weeks ago#13
Personally, I think that's all its worth.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync |
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 weeks ago#14
Isn't shipping for Steam Link and the controller like $15?

Was going to get a Steam controller on sale about a year back but noped out at the ridiculous shipping fee.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#15
Hi C posted...
Isn't shipping for Steam Link and the controller like $15?

Was going to get a Steam controller on sale about a year back but noped out at the ridiculous shipping fee.

Might depend where you live maybe but when I ordered it the grand total was 13 dollars ish including the link, tax, and shipping.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
2 weeks ago#16
Shipping was $7.99 when I looked at it. Not paying more than the device for shipping though, f*** that noise.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
2 weeks ago#17
wildog2006 posted...
Shipping was $7.99 when I looked at it. Not paying more than the device for shipping though, f*** that noise.

Well the device is 40 dollars it's just on sale.

Also despite what Amazon has led people to believe shipping is not free. Even if you prime they generally will not ship something that cost five dollars for free.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
2 weeks ago#18
Bought one when the Autumn Sale was up. Do we get a tracking number whenever it gets shipped out? $7.99 shipping fee seems like 3 business days.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA Steam Link is currently 5 dollars

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived