This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to get an Xbox One?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any reason to get an Xbox One?

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 weeks ago#1
I'll admit the sales have me tempted for an Xbox, but I feel it's mostly because I like spending money. I have a PC and a PS4, but some of my friends only play on Xbox. I would like to play with some of them but I'm afraid it just won't be worth it.

How's cross buy support? Do games run at 1080p/60fps? Am I just crazy for even considering it?
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 weeks ago#2
Exclusives or certain games not found on PC such as Madden.
4K blu ray player assuming you have a 4K hdr TV.
360 backwards compatibility.

The above are my reasons for picking up the One S last night.

With that said, I do believe that PS4 has the better games as well as 3DS when it comes to the topic of paring it with your PC build.

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 weeks ago#3

Not at all. It's by far the worst choice of a console to pair to pair with a PC.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 weeks ago#4
Just get the Xbox. I went PC and separated with my "friends" and now I'm no longer with them. Get the 1X for better graphics, fps modes, and all that.

Not at all. It's by far the worst choice of a console to pair to pair with a PC.

Stop thinking of it in terms of pairing. Think of it in terms of function. There is a need for it due to multiplayer and so long as it fulfills that need, there is a justification.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 weeks ago#5
You have a lot of 4K Bluray discs and no player?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 weeks ago#6
There has never been a reason to buy ANY Xbox console.

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
2 weeks ago#7
kobalobasileus posted...

One of my friends has really large hands and told me he liked the first Xbox controller. I guess that's one reason?

https://i.imgur.com/KCjV8qM.jpg
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|2xSLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Samsung 50inch 4K|HTC Vive

User Info: Looked gf

Looked gf
2 weeks ago#8
Not really.
http://i.imgur.com/otLaOxa.gifv

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 weeks ago#9
kobalobasileus posted...

How about when your real life friends have no interest in gaming PC's.
Real
Life
Friends.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
2 weeks ago#10
For me there's multiple reasons.

Some of my friends and family members don't own a gaming PC and only/primarily game on Xbox, so if I want to play with them, I go there.

More games have native local multiplayer on consoles and when choosing between PS4 and XB1 to get games on for local multiplayer, I usually go Xbox because I prefer the Xbox controller over the DS4 (for a variety of reasons). Though, if the local multiplayer game is available on Switch or Wii U, I tend to go Nintendo over Microsoft.

It's a great media box. Yes, for some this is doesn't mean much but, imo, it's a pretty valid thing. Heck, I was just playing games on my PC while listening to youtube videos on it. And yes, I can stream media from my PC at any time, but when playing more demanding games, I want all the resources I can get out of my hardware.

While there's plenty of games that are on Xbox are also on PC, not all are, and some of those that aren't are some really good worthwhile games. And yes, Xbox has nowhere near the amount of exclusives that Sony and Nintendo systems do, but still, they do have some and the ones they do have are worth while imo.

While the majority of games run significantly better on PC, some games are unoptimized, sloppy, and messy ports that run worse then consoles. In those cases, having a console there helps and because I own all the current gen hardware, I have more options available just in case certain versions run worse then others.
Yay gaming
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any reason to get an Xbox One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived