This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not cool Bungie!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not cool Bungie!!!

User Info: loader963

loader963
3 weeks ago#1
http://www.pcgamer.com/hidden-scaling-in-destiny-2-may-be-drastically-reducing-xp-gains

Why would any developer bother doing this unless they were trying to hide and extend the grind without being too obvious. I wonder if they thought this would actually push their base to buy silver (cash to in game currency) to get more engrams quickly.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
2 weeks ago#2
Destiny is a paper thin game. Hardly any content. Trash. So it's not surprising Bungie did something like this.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 weeks ago#3
It will take 2 days to get to power cap instead of 1? Oh noes they are making the game a GRIND!!!!!
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 weeks ago#4
Topic is kinda already invalidated, upon users discovering this Bungie decided that the possible negative PR isn't worth keeping this system in play and undid it all.

It wasn't too horrible of a system, basically rapidly repeating tasks that earn high XP gains slowly scaled down their impact on the XP bar to encourage players to do a multitude of different tasks rather than just one over and over again; To clarify because this topic doesn't provide much details: The XP # gained had no real meaning. The game was looking at events completed and assigning a percentage gained on the XP bar that had no real relationship of the number displayed on the screen.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 weeks ago#5
It sounds like they wanted to stop people farming public events and to instead play a mix of things instead.

As for engrams, they only contain cosmetic items and nothing that actually gave you an advantage over another player.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
2 weeks ago#6
wizardmon posted...
Topic is kinda already invalidated, upon users discovering this Bungie decided that the possible negative PR isn't worth keeping this system in play and undid it all.

It wasn't too horrible of a system, basically rapidly repeating tasks that earn high XP gains slowly scaled down their impact on the XP bar to encourage players to do a multitude of different tasks rather than just one over and over again; To clarify because this topic doesn't provide much details: The XP # gained had no real meaning. The game was looking at events completed and assigning a percentage gained on the XP bar that had no real relationship of the number displayed on the screen.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they were lying to the players to begin with and took a player to confront them with data before they changed the system (on a holiday weekend no less).

They honestly could have kept that system in place if they advertised correct gains instead of a number that meant nothing.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: loader963

loader963
2 weeks ago#7
Silenthawk29 hit the nail on the head. Why lie to players and give them a false number that they weren’t gaining? At least they did resolve it, just a shame it took someone to catch them at it first.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
2 weeks ago#8
Bungie is a shell of its former self. I miss the Halo glory days
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#9
Cool_Dude667 posted...

I'm even more old skool and miss Oni.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
2 weeks ago#10
vlado_e posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

I'm even more old skool and miss Oni.

But they came out the same year. Unless you think Halo 1 wasn't the glory days?
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not cool Bungie!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived