This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I play a game with low video ram?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I play a game with low video ram?

User Info: jgatlabayan

jgatlabayan
1 month ago#41
Dude i'm not sure if you're trolling.
But just in case you are serious, here are some tips.

What you have is an integrated graphics processing unit (I-GPU) built in to your Intel Processor.
It is a basic i-gpu that is designed to simply run and project your display. Its good enough for day to day tasks like Video playing, Internet Browsing, and Office programs. But it's advanced enough to run old 3d games like Sims and Fifa at low settings.

Its video memory (VRAM) is shared with your dedicated RAM, a separate physical hardware.
From the BIOS menu (press del or F1 upon pc startup), you can adjust the video memory to eat more from your dedicated RAM. (from 32mb to 512mb or 1gb).

To be able to play the latest games, you need buy and install a Dedicated GPU.

Since you implied you don't have a budget for a brand new GPU, I recommend at least trying to buy a used 750ti from ebay which is around $40.

This way, you also don't have to upgrade your Power Supply Unit as dedicated gpus consume more power than integrated ones.

If you are not trolling, I hope this helps.
i7 7700k / GTX 1080ti / Asrock Z270 Extreme4 / 16gb DDR4 3200 / 1TB SSD / 6TB HD / BenQ XL2420T 120hz /x2 Chimei 24EH 60hz/ NZXT Phantom / Noctua NH-D14

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#42
-Komaiko54- posted...
According to sources I need 256 MB to run a game but I only have 32
It's the only red
will I be gootchie in this cootchie

In short TC get a 1050ti and install it in your PCI-e slot in the same one that you are going to take out that old ass GPU from.

If your wondering where you can get one here is a link to a Newegg sale jump on it cause it has only 4 hrs left.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125915&cm_re=1050ti-_-14-125-915-_-Product

If you need help installing it google how to install GTX 1050ti and if you need anymore help you....are....completely.....Fu$%^D
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
1 month ago#43
I suggest anyone on this board migrate to the PCMR subreddit. It's far superior, and any s***posts like this automatically get downvoted to oblivion and never seen.
Titan X Pascal WC 2067mhz | 5820K 4.6ghz | 64GB DDR4 | 950 Pro 512GB | Samsung 4K

User Info: -Komaiko54-

-Komaiko54-
1 month ago#44
jgatlabayan posted...
Dude i'm not sure if you're trolling.
But just in case you are serious, here are some tips.

What you have is an integrated graphics processing unit (I-GPU) built in to your Intel Processor.
It is a basic i-gpu that is designed to simply run and project your display. Its good enough for day to day tasks like Video playing, Internet Browsing, and Office programs. But it's advanced enough to run old 3d games like Sims and Fifa at low settings.

Its video memory (VRAM) is shared with your dedicated RAM, a separate physical hardware.
From the BIOS menu (press del or F1 upon pc startup), you can adjust the video memory to eat more from your dedicated RAM. (from 32mb to 512mb or 1gb).

To be able to play the latest games, you need buy and install a Dedicated GPU.

Since you implied you don't have a budget for a brand new GPU, I recommend at least trying to buy a used 750ti from ebay which is around $40.

This way, you also don't have to upgrade your Power Supply Unit as dedicated gpus consume more power than integrated ones.

If you are not trolling, I hope this helps.

Thank you for helping and being genuine. I'll look into it.

Blarghinston posted...
I suggest anyone on this board migrate to the PCMR subreddit. It's far superior, and any s***posts like this automatically get downvoted to oblivion and never seen.

YO! just because I don't know anything about pc's it's a troll post?
"Is it a good time, or is it highly inappropriate?" - Alvvays
http://i.imgur.com/rNCkhGc.gif http://i.imgur.com/BRGmYpZ.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I play a game with low video ram?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived