This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

User Info: celebar

celebar
1 month ago#1
We really need to talk about how to make PC gaming not a boys club to be inclusive to women. Unfortunately PC gaming has the stereotype of being for men only which is why everyone who builds a PC end up being a man and women are left behind to game on console (playstation). Because women game on console instead of PC we as PC gamers have a social barrier in place that prevents us from interacting with them as friends (possibly more than just friends). Women often accuse us men of "mansplaining" so simply explaining to women why PC gaming is superior to playstation (console) is not a good idea as they will simply accuse you of mansplaining again.

The fact that we don't even know how many women are on this board is a red flag because lets be honest this board is a sausage carnival so its not like there's a lot to keep track of.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
1 month ago#2
"How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?"

Easy, stop pretending it is a boys club.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: Amuseum

Amuseum
1 month ago#3
easy. force them to like it. make them stare at the monitor for 8 hours a day.
Ergonomic keyboard layouts for Android https://goo.gl/KR1vK6
5-suited Draw Poker for Android http://goo.gl/KhmXi

User Info: Jimmys

Jimmys
1 month ago#4
Dude theres heaps of women gamers on pc
What Doth Life

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
1 month ago#5
And what exactly is stopping any woman that wants to play PC games from doing it?
If there are less women that play PC games than men, it is probably because women tend to gravitate to other activities of their own free will.
No one is stopping women from playing PC games.

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
1 month ago#6
celebar posted...
The fact that we don't even know how many women are on this board is a red flag because lets be honest this board is a sausage carnival so its not like there's a lot to keep track of.

Stalker much?

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
1 month ago#7
I've played with more women in Overwatch than any other game, console or PC.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Amuseum

Amuseum
1 month ago#8
KaizerLaw posted...
And what exactly is stopping any woman that wants to play PC games from doing it?
If there are less women that play PC games than men, it is probably because women tend to gravitate to other activities of their own free will.
No one is stopping women from playing PC games.

Free will is a huge problem we as society today must curb. Too much free will is why women are not engaging in such highly regarded activities like hardcore PC gaming and STEM fields.

Thus, we must reduce the amount of free will in women in western societies, and force them into specific activities regardless of their volition.
Ergonomic keyboard layouts for Android https://goo.gl/KR1vK6
5-suited Draw Poker for Android http://goo.gl/KhmXi

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
1 month ago#9
I was never aware that PC gaming, especially hardcore enthusiast side of it, is "boys only".

Majority of women simply don't want to be part of it.

To maximize PC gaming as a hobby, requires the will to learn new things and spend a lot of time doing research.

1. Researching the best price
2. Researching the right combination of hardware for the budget.
3. Post-purchase maximization of performance through overclocking and such
4. Dealing with bugs
5. Modding
6. Learning about the hardware/software work to improve understanding of how they work
etcetcetc

Most women I know don't bother with any of that unless it's related to their work(if they are in the technology field, or they stream their play videos online).

Women in general like to spend money and time on things that improve society's opinion on them. PC gaming does nothing of the sort(at least not right now). I mean, unless you like videogames yourself, you ain't gonna pay the slightest of attention if a girl owns a watercooled X299 workstation class CPU with SLI Titan Xp Pascal.

And when they do want to play videogames, their default go-to are consoles. When they do buy a PC, they'll go for laptops first, and they often just leave the details to the shop.

Now, I know there are some women who are just as passionate as us, but their small numbers in the community is not men's fault. The scene is now much, much friendlier than it's ever been now that searching for info is just a Google away, but women in general simply don't want to bother.
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: MakoReizei

MakoReizei
1 month ago#10
Is there something inherently wrong with boy's clubs though

I don't see anyone complaining that activities dominated by women are "girl's clubs" and should be more inclusive
https://i.imgtc.com/3owskMW.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived