This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

User Info: tsoures

tsoures
1 month ago#41
celebar posted...
Are none of you bothered that we can't even tell who the women on this board are?

Nah, couldn't care less.
http://steamunpowered.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Cartman.png

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
1 month ago#42
celebar posted...
What about inclusiveness for the sake of women being able to relate to us better as PC gamers so that we can find more common interests and find some kind of mutual attraction between like minds but isn't also a guy?

Hate to break it to you, but sitting in a chair and staring at a screen isn't going to make you attractive to women anytime soon.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#43
Nazanir posted...
"How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?"

Easy, stop pretending it is a boys club.

+1
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#44
There's probably a lot more female gamers than you think. Don't think they want to actually talk about it in general, so you assume there's not many of them. You'd be surprised how many of them play 'boy' genres like FPS. Honestly, why would it bother anyone which gender plays which games?

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
1 month ago#45
celebar posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
We exist, we just don't go around with little pink bows on our user names.

Why? Because gaming culture, unfortunately, has issues with sexism and it's easier to go unnoticed than to have to deal with that constantly. It's gotten better, but it can kind of be a mood killer when we just want to relax and unwind. I really don't want to be hit on or told to get back to the kitchen.

In the longer term, some of the problem is that girl children are often discouraged from "boy" hobbies like gaming, or forced to play "girl games" like Imagine Babies instead of things like Mario that should be for everyone. Let kids play games, make games that are reasonably inclusive (which tends to be corporate marketing holding the devs back), and market games to everyone, not just young men. (I mean, by all means market too young men, too, but not exclusively.)

In my experience, female gamers also tend to prefer co-operative experiences over competitive ones.

Marked you as female.

k
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: MakoReizei

MakoReizei
1 month ago#46
Dragon Nexus posted...
KaizerLaw posted...
And what exactly is stopping any woman that wants to play PC games from doing it?

Males being horrible, horrible people to them?

It's depressing I need to qualify that with a "Yeah I know, not ALL of them" but cosidering the number of people who say "Sexism in multiplayer gaming is just part of the fun", denying there's an issue with how people talk to and treat women online is just wrong.

Anyone can get treated badly online. Women aren't special in that way
https://i.imgtc.com/3owskMW.png

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#47
celebar posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Why? Because gaming culture, unfortunately, has issues with sexism and it's easier to go unnoticed than to have to deal with that constantly. It's gotten better, but it can kind of be a mood killer when we just want to relax and unwind. I really don't want to be hit on or told to get back to the kitchen.

In the longer term, some of the problem is that girl children are often discouraged from "boy" hobbies like gaming, or forced to play "girl games" like Imagine Babies instead of things like Mario that should be for everyone. Let kids play games, make games that are reasonably inclusive (which tends to be corporate marketing holding the devs back), and market games to everyone, not just young men. (I mean, by all means market too young men, too, but not exclusively.)

In my experience, female gamers also tend to prefer co-operative experiences over competitive ones.

Marked you as female.

Making you part of the problem.

Better question: what does gender have to do with enjoying a videogame? Aside from some creepy games playing into the feminist hysteria about "misogyny in videogames" to get attention, literally nothing. Sit down and play/enjoy the game, or go do something else. Nobody cares either way.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
1 month ago#48
DarkZV2Beta posted...
celebar posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Marked you as female.

He just confirmed creeper status.

User Info: celebar

celebar
1 month ago#49
Abiz_ posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
celebar posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Marked you as female.

He just confirmed creeper status.

I'm gay.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Comrade1914

Comrade1914
1 month ago#50
This is one of the saddest topics don has made.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived