This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#41
It's a really solid game, and I definitely encourage folks to try it out.

I say this as someone who played it on launch. It was a s*** show back then, but I recently picked it back up and there is so much new s*** (if you get the DLC, or pay for a sub, and it has a ridiculously good sub model imo, huge benefits such as expanded bank space, access to most of the DLC, a nearly infinite crafting materials bag, etc.). I'm loving the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood content.

There are actual decisions to be made in many quests, some of which offer pretty good moral dilemmas. I don't think any one has a really major role in the grand scheme of things, but it's still a million times better than Skyrim where there were maybe a handful of choices total. The world also changes around you as you complete quests, and that helps make it feel like you're actually a part of the world doing things.

Combat is kind of boring/repetitive... I really recommend watching some YT videos on which classes do what the best and what kind of abilities they have to offer. Since I re-started the game after picking up the Morrowind DLC, I decided I'd roll a Warden class... it's fun spamming Cliffracers into peoples' faces but overall the DPS is weaker than I imagined it would be and at level 42 I'm kinda tired of the same old abilities/skills.
The game does make it easy to re-allocate all your skill points (as far as I understand it, your overall discipline levels stay the same, but you get to re-select your individual skills), so it probably wouldn't be too hard to respec... if you're satisfied with your class.
i dont like signatures

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
1 month ago#42
Hexenherz posted...
I say this as someone who played it on launch. It was a s*** show back then, but I recently picked it back up and there is so much new s*** (if you get the DLC, or pay for a sub, and it has a ridiculously good sub model imo, huge benefits such as expanded bank space, access to most of the DLC, a nearly infinite crafting materials bag, etc.). I'm loving the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood content.

Yep, I was in 3 of the closed betas and the game sucked. Bought it a few months ago and it's like a totally different game.
Fight Science with Wood http://i.imgur.com/MMRZgNi.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
1 month ago#43
That was my impression and the main reason why I haven't bothered with it since. I've heard a bunch of great things about it, but my desire to spend hours dedicated to MMO's has long passed.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#44
Damaged7 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
Huolihan posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
s*** game

Why do you say that?

Attention whore, I would think he’s made that MORE than obvious by now.

You couldn't be more wrong

Actually, he isn't exactly wrong.

He is though, I do not give a f*** about seeking attention

If he was wrong, you would have left the topic and not replied....yet, here you are...still coming back.

Because its rude to not respond to people who are talking to you.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: sauruschamp1

sauruschamp1
1 month ago#45
Yeah the game has had massive overhauls since it first came out. Its actually a really good game now.
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570 Origin, SteamID and PSN: Zarosio
Current Rig: i5-4670k, R9-280X, 8GB RAM, Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD, 500Gb HDD

User Info: Milennin

Milennin
1 month ago#46
Eh, I'd rather replay Skyrim.
http://i.imgur.com/sZaF1KF.gif

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#47
USF posted...
Crazy considering how awful that game is. Then again, the same could be said about CoD, PUBG etc...
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

Hexenherz
1 month ago#48
MasteroftheArts posted...
That was my impression and the main reason why I haven't bothered with it since. I've heard a bunch of great things about it, but my desire to spend hours dedicated to MMO's has long passed.

Ehh it's got a lot of MMO stuff but like... all the content I've encountered besides optional dungeons has been solo-able.
i dont like signatures

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#49
Hi C posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
meh, it's like Skyrim with it's soul reaped out..

How do make a hollow shell of a franchise even more soulless?

You use it as window dressing for a generic MMO. ;-)

___

I'll freely admit to not having touched the game since the second or third to last rounds of open betas, but given that the impression I got of it then was an MMO with Elder Scrolls trappings and not an Elder Scrolls game with MMO mechanics I've got little interest in trying the game now or later.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

Hexenherz
1 month ago#50
Marikhen posted...
Hi C posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
meh, it's like Skyrim with it's soul reaped out..

How do make a hollow shell of a franchise even more soulless?

You use it as window dressing for a generic MMO. ;-)

___

I'll freely admit to not having touched the game since the second or third to last rounds of open betas, but given that the impression I got of it then was an MMO with Elder Scrolls trappings and not an Elder Scrolls game with MMO mechanics I've got little interest in trying the game now or later.

It feels more like a TES game to me than Skyrim does :\
i dont like signatures
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived