This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tropico 5 for 2.99 (3.39 CAD) on Fanatical for 24 hours

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tropico 5 for 2.99 (3.39 CAD) on Fanatical for 24 hours

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#1
Seems like it's base game only, but I've never heard of this website before, and never heard of anyone else mentioning this website before. Is it legit? Is it dodgy??? I have Tropico 4 but never got Tropico 5 for various reasons. That price seems good though.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
1 month ago#2
the digital distribution site formerly known as bundlestars.

also, doom for €10 is also fantastic(ends in 7 hours)... think it's the lowest i've seen it.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#3
Oh I didn't know they changed names. I hardly ever go there. So it's legit then. Thanks.

I guess T5 isn't worth it unless you get the complete package? Don't think that sale is complete.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#4
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Oh I didn't know they changed names. I hardly ever go there. So it's legit then. Thanks.

BundleStars/Fantatical is "legit" in that it's an authorized key retailer, yes. I've used them for picking up older classics like the last three Wizardry games , indie stuff like Deep Dungeons of Doom, and "better" stuff like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. For that matter I've picked up a bunch of RPG Maker and Axis Game Factory stuff off of their site.

Having said that, however, they do a lot of sub-optimal bundles, and I'm being very generous. They've had at least a dozen "simulator" bundles such as "Farming Simulator," "Warehouse Simulator," and "Picking a Tick From Your Navel" simulator. I hope I'm joking about the last one, but I honestly can't be sure.

They also often do "pick and mix" bundles where getting even the minimum number of games is difficult if you have any standards, and the current one, https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/discovery-pick-mix-bundle , is no exception what with titles like Precursors and Project First Contact which look to be the sort of games Jim Sterling devotes too much time to talking about as well as wonderfully named titles such as "Neckbeard Arena."

Mind you that I can't think of a single thing they've sold that wasn't available on Steam so it's not like they're responsible for doing anything (much) worse than Steam, but the bad habit they have of fobbing off junk makes them feel a bit less "legit" than sites like Humble Bundle do, at least in the, "they're selling actual products for actual gamers and not promoting get rich quick schemes for fly-by-night 'developers' who'd abuse Steam trading cards for profit if they could" sense.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#5
Farming Simulator IS pretty good though, but it's one of the very few that are.

Thanks for reminding me why I hardly ever go to Bundlestars though. Their bundles are usually full of games I have absolutely no interest in, so I go to other sites instead,

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
1 month ago#6
bought
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tropico 5 for 2.99 (3.39 CAD) on Fanatical for 24 hours

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived