This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual Monitor Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dual Monitor Help

User Info: TypH_

TypH_
1 month ago#1
So I recently got a new monitor, the Asus vg248qe. I am planning on using it as my main monitor and want to use my old monitor as the 2nd one. However, when I have them both plugged in via display port for one and hdmi for the other, BOTH monitors stop showing any kind of display, completely black. When I first got it, I simply moved the other one over and plugged the new one in, both worked perfectly. When I shutdown and restarted my PC, only my old monitor would work. Now, like I stated previously, neither of the monitors work when I have them both plugged in. ONLY when I unplug the HDMI from my GPU will the new monitor work. I have tried all the trivial solutions like unplugging for a bit, restarting, updating gpu drivers, etc. I have had my PC for about a year now and haven't had any problems. I am completely stumped. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Here's my PC specs. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X6KMtJ

Thanks.

User Info: d209999

d209999
1 month ago#2
Are you using any type of adapters to connect the monitors to the GPU?
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
1 month ago#3
try your BIOS, when using on board video and my card at the same time i have to tell my computer to initialize the on board video controller before the video card, or else i end up with one screen, or the other, or neither.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#4
If you have an intel cpu and a gpu installed you need to tell the bios to use the onboard cpu in the bios first.

Then check your connections on your gpu.

Test out 1 gpu port at a time then the other one on the same monitor.

Then test the other monitor.

After you know all the ports work plug each monitor in the gpu and restart the pc you should be ok now. Also update or i stall the monitors drivers then restart your pc.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dual Monitor Help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived