This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
1 month ago#21
I don't know the specifics but if it was truly included content that then got taken away I feel that's straight up illegal.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#22
KillerTruffle posted...
yohabroha posted...
Hagan posted...
I think read something on the playstation board that xbox and playstation users can get a refund for this type of activity (I haven't really investigated it any further) I am guessing it doesn't apply to the PC version? I have the PC version but the game is so 'meh' I am basically done with it and would like my money back (if I could be so lucky)

if there's mass refunds on ps4/xbox (to the point where it gets reported by gaming "journalists") then steam will cave.

??

Destiny 2 isn't on Steam. It's on Battle.net.

steam/uplay/origin/bnet/windows store/gog etc. was more a generalized statement about how it works when the console fiends cause an uproar
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#23
TBH I think companies are realizing how much s*** they can get away with, EA still makes alot of money even with all the contraversy, while also milking their playerbase asmuch as possible.

Even Blizzard has gotten stingy with hearthstone these days
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#24
KURRUPTOR posted...
I don't know the specifics but if it was truly included content that then got taken away I feel that's straight up illegal.

Basically, it boils down to end-game raids and stuff - the things to help keep people playing once they've maxed their characters. They were available in the base game. Then the expansion came out, raised the level cap, and also raised the level requirements to access those end-game raids. The only way to meet the new requirements is to buy the expansion, so yes, they've effectively deleted the endgame content for everyone who only has the base game, because those players can no longer play the endgame stuff.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#25
KillerTruffle posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

Basically, it boils down to end-game raids and stuff - the things to help keep people playing once they've maxed their characters. They were available in the base game. Then the expansion came out, raised the level cap, and also raised the level requirements to access those end-game raids. The only way to meet the new requirements is to buy the expansion, so yes, they've effectively deleted the endgame content for everyone who only has the base game, because those players can no longer play the endgame stuff.

You had two choices, buy the expansion or quit playing. I went with the latter with Destiny.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#26
I'm half tempted to request a refund, and if they refuse, do a chargeback. I only *just* got the game this past Monday, just because my brother-in-law and sister have been playing it and wanted me to hop in. Found it on sale for $25 and bit. Not 3 days after I got it, I found out they're locking the end-game content so I won't even really be able to play with them anyway unless we just all start brand new characters and play through from scratch again or something. Sorry, but that's bulls***.

I don't know if I'll request a refund yet - I'm actually hoping now that Destiny 2 is on PC and available to the full PC audience, plus the fact that Sony has some pretty strict rules about what companies can do with achievements and Bungie's dick move makes it impossible to earn the platinum achievement without buying the extra DLC, will all add up into Bungie making a very quick reversal on this s***. Even if this is business as usual for them, I'm finding even loads of Destiny 1 players pissed that they've finally gone too far this time.

If the negative press doesn't get them to back down on this crap though, they'd f***ing better give me my refund, because they removed content that was in the game when I bought it.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#27
Hahaha i love the idea. Eventually it'll just be a character creator and the entire game is dlc.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#28
why isnt there 5 articles on the front page from gamespot about this?

i mean they seem to have a hardon for destiny. you think they might want to make people aware that bungievision is going in raw with no lube?

they should.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#29
It occurs to me that a LOT of AAA companies are doing things that make them look like absolute s***.

EA effectively makes players purchase loot boxes to progress in Battlefront 2.

Epic sued a minor for cheating in Fortnight (although granted, they didn't know he was a minor when they filed the lawsuit)...

Bungie/Activision takes away content from players unless they pay more money to get it back...

What the f***??

I've been of the opinion that government regulation of what game companies are allowed to do could do more harm than good, with that one senator trying to get a law started in the wake of the EA lootbox fiasco. I'm starting to think with all this crap going on though, I might change my mind. Maybe a regulator DOES need to step in and stop these giants from pulling all this crap.

It'd be ideal if the gamers themselves would stop supporting these companies as a whole, but that's not likely. :P A mass push for refunds would sure as hell wake Bungie up in a hurry.

I know for my part, whether I will ever even look at another Bungie game again will depend a lot on how they react to this issue. If they tell us f*** you and continue business as usual, I'll say f*** you and I'm taking my money with me. If only everyone could do that though...

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
1 month ago#30
Activision, EA, and Ubisoft are three stooges of mediocrity, get used to it.
The Truth Has Set Me Free!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived