This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can a GTX 1050 get 60fps in AAA games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can a GTX 1050 get 60fps in AAA games?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#1
The main AAA games I'm interested in are GTA 5, Skyrim, Monster Hunter World, and Cyberpunk 2077. Aside from that I'd mainly play Indie games and older games from last gen, which I'm 99% sure that a 1050 can get 60fps no problem.

Can the 4 games above get 60fps average and a minimum 30fps on a GTX 1050 on some combination of settings? Preferably at 1080p, but I'm willing to go as low as 720p.

EDIT: It'll be paired with a Ryzen 3 1200 and 8GB of Ram, by the way.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#2
Look up the benchmarks on YouTube.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#3
sure i don't see why not. especially with your low requirements.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#4
nope, That card is quite a bit weaker than a 970. It only has 2GB of VRAM to it. 720P at low may be doable for 60FPS on that thing. Also Cyberpunk 2077 wont be out til like 2019 and they haven't released a lick of ino on the game except for that teaser trailer they played like 2 years ago. So in otherwords don't ask about games no one knows a damn thing about but I would speculate it will be very demanding and a norm 1050 is very crappy card for gaming.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
1 month ago#5
How much more is the 1060? I would get that one for the more consistent 60fps at 1080p and maybe 4K on the less demanding games like Civ6 and XCOM 2.

Oh, and a quick Google shows that a 1060 will run Skyrim at 4K at 60fps at medium settings.

Fade2black001
1 month ago#6
kelemvor posted...
How much more is the 1060? I would get that one for the more consistent 60fps at 1080p and maybe 4K on the less demanding games like Civ6 and XCOM 2.

Oh, and a quick Google shows that a 1060 will run Skyrim at 4K at 60fps at medium settings.

How much you wanna bet that he's on a laptop?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#7
Fade2black001 posted...
kelemvor posted...

How much you wanna bet that he's on a laptop?

Well, I'm on an old laptop that I got as a gift back in 2012, but I want something that can game, but I can't afford anything but the bare minimum for gaming. I'm willing to settle for performance that's at least as good as the console versions.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#8
gtx 1050 gets a bad rep, because the laptop version of that card is neutered with half the pixel fillrate. but the desktop version of it is actually okay except for the low vram for 2017 (imo 2GB vram is kind of low for 2017).
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
1 month ago#9
Well I didn't know Ryzen laptops came with nvidia mobile GPUs.

To answer your question TC, I think the prevailing wisdom is to go with Radeon GPUs in your price range. If you are dead set on a 1050, get the Ti and you should get 60fps at most games with some tweaks.

Witcher 3 runs at 30fps at 1080/ultra with a 1050ti. Skyrim should hold 60fps at ultra.

Fade2black001
1 month ago#10
zhenghan posted...
gtx 1050 gets a bad rep, because the laptop version of that card is neutered with half the pixel fillrate. but the desktop version of it is actually okay except for the low vram for 2017 (imo 2GB vram is kind of low for 2017).

even 4GB of VRAM is starting to become low....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can a GTX 1050 get 60fps in AAA games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived