This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some help here, going from a 8 year old pc to a new one?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some help here, going from a 8 year old pc to a new one?

User Info: xavieris1984

xavieris1984
1 month ago#1
right now i have a i7 920 at 2.67ghz, 6 gigs of slow ram, a gtx 680, and asus genie 2 motherboard. so i have been looking at newer prebuilt pcs, i have really bad arthritis, so i cant build one, but i was condering the aurora rs6 alienware desktop with the i7 7700, 16 gigs of high speed ram, 2 terybyte hd, and gtx 1080, price is 1400 on sale from 1700?
gamer 4 life

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#2
Yes that is a great price and it will last you the rest of your life no upgrading and when you need more HDD space just get a external hdd.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#3
Why not just find a local place that builds computers, you pick the parts and they build the pc.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
1 month ago#4
How fast is the hdd? I imagine cpu can't be overclocked either. Also don't know the psu.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#5
Even if he gets the parts and takes it to them it would still cost just as much this way he can do a grab and go and play and he is all set.

Make sure when you order that you mention to place some packing foam between the GPU and the inside of the case ...ON EITHER SIDE cause if you do not there is a good chance the GPU will snap and not only brake the GPU but the Motherboard too.

Try and get a hold of the company and make sure to ask what they use it just has to be secure for transport.

A better way would just be to have the GPU shipped separate you just have to unscrew the back plate and plug in the gpu.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some help here, going from a 8 year old pc to a new one?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived